RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)

Old 08-02-2003, 12:52 PM

welcome

Hi Jeanie,

Thank you for the very warm welcome!

Maureen
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2003, 09:52 AM

Photo Hobby

Hi Jeaniesa and Member's,

I joined the board last night and have been looking at
the various pages on it.I am very new to photo restoraton
but I find it relaxing and lots of fun.I love to colorize all my
old pictures.I am a senior and have many of them.When I
complete a picture of a relative it makes me happy to see it
because it's almost like that person is close to my life again.
Most of the black and whites I have contain folks who are
long gone.I am not very good at doing the techniques to
restoration because I am mostly unknowledgable about them.
This is the kind of forum I know I will be happy in because I
can see that you folks share your expertise with other's.
Any assistance I can receive will be deeply appreciated.
Thank You.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2003, 10:41 AM

Quote:
This is the kind of forum I know I will be happy in because I can see that you folks share your expertise with other's

Sage -- you got that right! You're in a good place, and should be able to improve your knowledge base and your skills at photo editing by reading some of the tutorials, tips, and many helpful threads located here AS WELL AS submitting your work on mini-challenges and the big Challenges. I have learned tons since joining, and I'd already been using PShop for years when I joined.
Welcome to RetouchPro - now pick a place to jump in - the water's fine!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2003, 11:15 AM

Thank You C.J.

Thank you for the kind welcome C.J. I'm a slow starter but
usually pick up some speed as I go along.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-20-2003, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome and answering my question. Thanks to everyone else also. This is my first day and for the past hour or so I've been in this forum instead of working. But it's great! I'm happy to be here.

I want to post a photo that I like very much and have anyone and everyone work on it. My question was about file size.
I will be posting it soon with particulars.

I can't go back to get the name correct but I see someone from Italy. Hello from France! Molto lieto I hope I said and spelt that right...

Blu
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2004, 01:43 PM

Hi Jeanie,

Have joined the forum... glad you pointed me in the right direction....

I have started work on my restoration... a rather difficult one for my first try but I am going to plug on... started as you suggested on the green channel.

I was thinking of showing the forum the problem mainly the dark stains that show on the dresses and especially the ties.... some kid painted over the original, or it may have been colored and worn off... I think the former.

Don't know how to up load, what size, etc. On Janee's site I uploaded to my webshot page. Should I do it that way here as well.

I am trying, after starting about 3 times to get some method of what to do first etc... have been reading a lot and trying out various methods...all and all having a lot of fun...

Thanks again

Carol
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2004, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroled
...I was thinking of showing the forum the problem - mainly the dark stains that show on the dresses and especially the ties.... some kid painted over the original, or it may have been colored and worn off... I think the former.

Don't know how to up load, what size, etc. On Janee's site I uploaded to my webshot page. Should I do it that way here as well....
Carol

Carol,

To post a question about your photo, you can go to the main page of this Help Requested forum and click on "New Thread" (located near the top of the page on the left hand side above the title "threads in forum"). You will need to title your thread, and then explain about your photo -- what problems you want people to look at, and/or what info or assistance you are looking for.

To upload your photo, you need to have a file that is less than 100k in file size -- if it is larger than that, the system won't upload it. You can upload it here instead of having to post a link to another webpage. After you have written about the photo, look down that page (before you press "Submit Reply" to the little tan box on the left side of the page that says "Manage Attachments" -- click on that (a new small window will pop up) and then click on "Browse" to look for your image on your hard drive. Then click "Upload" and see if it is successful -- it will show the name of your file once it has uploaded. Then close that little window, and you can hit "Submit" to finish off.

If you have any questions, lots of us are willing and able to help -- we've all been there at the beginning, trying to figure out where everything is -- in fact, with this new website upgrade, I'm still a bit lost.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2004, 03:59 PM

Hi Carol:

Welcome from me, too.

Something that I find helpful in keeping images below the 100KB size threshold is using Photoshop's File > Save for the Web option. With it you can easily see (and adjust) the output file size.

Hope you have lots of fun here. CJ is about the best tour guide you could ever ask for!

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2004, 09:42 AM

Arrow The new guy

Well hello all. My name is Barry and I just logged on to the site for the first time about 15 or so min ago. I will poke through forums a bit latter but right now my two little girls are claming on my back “literally” to get me out of the house and start our day.

Please take care,

Barry
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2004, 09:51 AM

Hi Barry - good to have you on board! We're a pretty friendly bunch here - have a poke around in the forums, ask some questions, share some of your own ideas and before you know it you'll be part of the family...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help