RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)

Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 PM

New Here!

Hello Everyone! What a great website! I'm a PSPuser and have been doing retouches as a hobby for about the past 10 years! more serious the last 5.
I hope to have my own website in the near future, and look forward to learning from you and the other type of products. I would like to hear from
other members having luck with websites!
Glad to be here!

Last edited by PSPuser; 09-16-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPuser
Hello Everyone! What a great website! I'm a PSPuser and have been doing retouches as a hobby for about the past 10 years! more serious the last 5.

I hope to have my own website in the near future, and look forward to learning from you and the other type of products. I would like to hear from
other members having luck with websites!
Glad to be here!
Greetings, Jack...

Nice to have you. There are a number of sharp PSP users who participate here, so you're in good company.

Welcome aboard.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Talking yup!!!

im a newbie and gald to be here....i am very interested in adobe photoshop in all it has to offer especially photo retouching...i was so amazed at what could be done to photos after watching americas next top model. thats one of the reasons why i like the show so much!!!!!!!!!!

bigg ups to adobe!!!

lata
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 AM

Smile

Hello i am a newbie too, spent a couple of weeks looking around and checking the site...hours and hours...its so much fun to see the great work that is being done...its just my hobby...i can spend hours on one photo seeing how i can change it....i guess what i do is photo art and manipulation...got up the nerve to post a few days ago and of course i did it all wrong...sent an email to Danny in praise of his Art modern art flexible action and then couldnt find how to attach my efforts...so i sent a mail to Doug with the pics...what am i like????I then found out how to do it the following day..so i posted to the action thread..wow...i also uploaded a few pics to the gallery...think i did something wrong there too as i sent some views of where i live, just cause they were pretty...sorry no enhancement or anything... I am new to photoshop, just had it a month, still kept my paintshop pro 9 on the computer as i really like it...love all the plugins,scripts and actions i have found...now i just have to play and improve in photoshop!!!
Written all that and havent introduced myself, my name is Patricia Kay Beaumont and i am from Leeds in Yorkshire,England but have lived in Sweden since 1992....I have one son...all grown and living in England and i am stepmother to four Swedish girls, aged from 17 to 22, i met Peter in Spain in 1991 when i was on a trip involving my work in a travel agents...the rest is history, we had a bakery and coffee shop for over 10 years and sold it a couple of years back...chilling out now...we want to spend the winters in Spain as when it gets to -27 here its just not fun!!! But how do i convince Peter i need a computer there as i will be lost without it...taking all those lovely photos and not being able to play with them!!!
So i hope i can get it right now when i am posting etc...but i know where to come for help!!!!
Sending you a snowy pic i took on Wednesday, we live on an Island about 40 mins drive from Stockholm and i love it...every season has its own beauty and i thank my lucky stars every day when i look out of my window and see the water..

Bit of a waffler, but its fun to chat, if any of your Yorkshire members read this.....i still crave for fish and chips wrapped in newspaper!!!

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0961_filtered.jpg (26.6 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 07:42 AM

Agonizing over PSP vs PS

To Patricia Kay: hi. I am not really one to welcome you as I am just starting to post here again after a long absense. It is a great site with many many very helpful people; it is a very friendly place to be.

I am most interested in your decision to get PS after using PSP9. I just upgraded my PSP8 to the new PSPx (taken over by Corel and subject to all sorts of brickbats from a PSPx newsgroup). I have PS7 on my computer and am trying to decide which program to really get into in depth (lots of study committment required). But which one (and should I upgrade to the PSCS2?

I am interested in photo improvement and manipulation as well as technical illustrating and print advertising, but which program to concentrate on? In working tutorials with both PS and PSPx, I continually find PS to be more convenient and versatile. Yet there are many who believe PSP can do things (primarily in the graphics/artwork area) that PS can not or not as conveniently.

Can you (or anyone else) comment on the choices between developing expertise in either PSP or PS and which is better and why.

If there is a better place to post this kind of question, would someone please point me to the right place.

Thanks,

Ken
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 08:08 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome, although I am new to the forums I have been using the info here as a resource for a while now. Everyone here does great work and I have learned alot from your experiences. As time permits I do plan on participating in some challenges and offering assistance where I can.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 09:37 AM

Smile

Hi Ken...
Thanks for the reply...i am enjoying the site already...not enough hours in the day!!!
My Photoshop was a gift from my son...hes really kind to me......but i know a few people who have used it for a while and really like it....I dont know how to advise really as i still love my paint shop pro 9 and i find it quicker than photoshop...it really depends how much time i have as to which i use and i think i am a bit messy as i jump from program to program as each one i have has that special something....i am hooked on paint programs and try many out..i have a few free ones...my fave is project dogwaffle, i can make fab flower brushes in there...having said all that i like the color and quality of my printouts from photoshop.... the actions, filters and lots more...Oh i bet i have confused you even more...i would like to be an expert in something...are you doing this for a job?If not do what you enjoy most and a bit less of the other...dont know about you but i go with the feeling for the photo and just flow into it.Being new i dont know which direction to send you...but i will get back to you if i find out.....

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Newbie to this site

I`ve been using your tutorials for a while now and decided to sign up.
Please be gentle with me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2005, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBFANNING
I`ve been using your tutorials for a while now and decided to sign up.
Please be gentle with me.
We're welcome with just about everyone, Tony. Welcome aboard and have fun learning and exploring.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2006, 04:58 PM

Hi guys!

I'vej been a lurker here for some times now, but I need help with a picture and I can't seem to fix it. I posted a thread about it
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help