RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)

Old 10-27-2006, 10:08 AM

Re: A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)

Thank you for having such a beautiful site. I registered yesterday after spending the morning reading and learning. I zoned in on "Restoring an old photograph." The tutorial is wonderful! I worked with an old photo, learned my PSE5 doesn't have a color mixer and I haven't a clue how to put a mask on the photo. My buttons are certainly different than yours and reading the help pages left me really confused. However, the best is today! I can't even figure out why I am unable to fix my workspace to show the photo and levels windows side by side as I can't move my photo in the workspace! Then being frustrated with that I decided to use the levels anyway, only to find, using the adjustment layer, that when I set the color to red, green, or blue the photo isn't covered with the various colors like it was yesterday so I could move the sliders. So in short, learned a great deal yesterday, in fact more than I have reading and searching the web, but today I am close to tears. I have a great sense of humor though and decided to thank you for the warm welcome and ask you (since this is the first forum I have ever joined) where should I post this?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Well, I am glad I found the site, it looks interesting, showed it to my son last night so he will probably be signing up also. He has a project right now that he was asking my help on, this is for a CD, he needs a fist holding a Microphone with Sweat on the fist. We plan on shooting it and then doing some retouching I'm sure he will post it later. Nice talking to you-all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 AM

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 AM

A Big Warm Welcome to Eclipse, Grits, David and shahzadmasih! And I see for a couple of you, this is belated. You've taken the first step in joining in with a great bunch of talented and creative folks.
Shahzadmasih, if you'll post what sort of info you're needing, I'm sure you'll get some responses, or you can PM a member who seems to have a grasp of your subject.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2006, 01:49 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am a new member as of today. I come from Melbourne, Australia. I came across your website in Katrina Eismann's book. I am trying to restore old family photos that I brought from overseas and I am struggling with one of them. Thank you for having me.
Cate
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2006, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I am kinda new at this. I use paint shop and need to learn photoshop. I am told this is a better program for photos. So I hope to learn a lot from this group. Thanks again!
Peggy
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate_55
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am a new member as of today. I come from Melbourne, Australia. I came across your website in Katrina Eismann's book. I am trying to restore old family photos that I brought from overseas and I am struggling with one of them. Thank you for having me. Cate
Hi Cate: Glad you found us. The RetouchPRO site owner/admin, Doug Nelson, was one of the technical reviewers on the second edition of Ms. Eismann's unparalleled Photoshop Restoration and Retouching, so you've come to the right place.

Photo restoration can be challenging and frustrating at times, so be patient as you develop your skills. As you have already discovered the Image Help forum is a good place to start if you get stuck on an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PEGGY~
Thanks for the welcome! I am kinda new at this. I use paint shop and need to learn photoshop. I am told this is a better program for photos. So I hope to learn a lot from this group. Thanks again!
Peggy
Hello, Peggy... Not to worry. All of us at one point or another were new at this.

re: I am told [Photoshop] is a better program for photos.
Those who adept using PSP might not agree (it's an exceptionally feature rich program), but there's no doubt that Photoshop users outnumber PSP users by a wide margin.

In any event there's plenty to learn and fun to be had regardless which program you're using.

----------------

Welcome aboard to both of you.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 05:43 AM

Newbie Re: A Welcome Note To New Members (and anyone else who wants a warm welcome)

I am quite new here and thank you for big welcome
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 06:57 AM

Another newbie here from Michigan. I am just starting to learn Photoshop so I am hoping that I find some great help here. Thanks. Don
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2006, 07:38 AM

Hi I'm also newbie here!

Thanks for great welcome
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help