Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Ideas for a memorial photo

Old 05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Lightbulb Ideas for a memorial photo

Hello all, new user here. I am glad to have found this board because recently photo editing using photoshop has become a fascination for me. I am still learning and am by no means very good at it, but I can do basic editing stuff out using clone stamp, red eye removal, etc... I have adobe photoshop CS5. Onto my question. It is a pretty general one, not really asking for anything in-particular done, but just wanting ideas. My friends 24 year old son died tragically due to falling off a cliff into the water 100 feet below. Another friend of mine who was also friends with the young boy who died, created a stairway to heaven with photos of him on it. I then went through and roughly removed the circles from around his head. See both photos below. I am not an incredibly creative person so I was wondering if anyone can come up with some ideas of how to make it better? It is pretty awful quality so I don't expect for anyone to really do much with it, just some ideas would be great, I'd like to make her something nice to remember him by. Even if not ideas for the stairway photo, ideas for another type of memorial photo would be good too.

Thanks so much, Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31241_402949168304_503293304_4045107_2696869_n.jpg (40.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg circles removed1.jpg (64.6 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Re: Ideas for a memorial photo

Hi Gary!

Welcome to RP!

So sorry to hear about the tragedy in your friend's family.

Here is my idea for a memorial photo.

I used the ladder background, but only one lightly faded image of the young man.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_circles-removed1.jpg (81.8 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 AM

Here is another idea of how to put it together.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 AM

Some fantastic ideas cupcake and flora, thanks for taking time to help! Also, Nan sent me several great ideas via PM, so thanks to him/her as well. I just need to brush up on my photoshop skills so I can do some of this stuff. My skills are pretty basic. I am currently going through Kelby's and Photoshop CS5 training courses. Anyone else care to share ideas for memorial/tribute type photo gifts for a bereaved parent to treasure?

Last edited by gmambro; 05-12-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help