Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

image problems with computer

Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
image problems with computer

hello i have some issues with my computer displaying images properly.

i finished doing a photoshoot, and started to store my images onto my harddrive, when viewing them in light room, i see a green tint all of a sudden. when viewing them in photoshop i still get the green tint, and the images looks washed out. but what makes me confused i viewed images on the internet and there is no green tint or distortion in the images anywhere.

so opening the image in photoshop i had a green tint and decided to save it to my desktop and upload it onto my website, and viewing the image on my website once again there is no green tint it looks perfect just like it should.

so i have no clue as to what it is that is wrong with my computer and is there a way to fix this trouble.

here are some images so you can see what the green tint looks like.

i dont know how to post images within the message, so i tried to upload them through this site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (81.9 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Re: image problems with computer

Are the images from the camera RAW or other format? What type of Color Management are you using in PS?
Can you post somewhere a "out of the camera" file?
Review of a image from the camera will determine if there is a camera problem or not.
Then the next most likely culprits would be a Monitor problem or a Photoshop / Lightroom Color Management issue.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM

yes the images are in camera raw format i know its not the camera cause its putting green tints even on old photos i open up in photoshop. i opened a photo from a year ago that i did and put it into photoshop and it also had a green tint, even saving inspiration images that look perfect on the internet, and then opening them in photoshop or a picture viewing program, it gives a green tint on the photo. but lookin at it on the internet on my website the colors are perfect. for some reason when viewing images throught photoshop, lightroom, or windows live photo gallery, and other sources it has a green tint, but viewing these same images on my laptop, quicktime picture viewer and the internet. no green tint.

my friend who lives here told me he just recently upgrades the video card, and i was wondering if that could be the problem.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 AM

Have you changed something i the "color settings" or maybe your color proofing on Photoshop...Just try to change view>proof set up>custom to see what it's like.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help