RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Opening closed eyes - Please help!

Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 AM

Re: Opening closed eyes - Please help!

Though I'd have a little go

Smurf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091w_r.jpg (94.4 KB, 71 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2010, 10:51 AM

Hey mistermonday, beefy24, jeremy1986 and smurfing, thank you very very much! it is really great of you to take the time to do that!

You mention that I am making it harder for myself because the original image is blurry / small, is there a technique that i can use to make the image larger and easier for me to work with? i have tried looking through as many photos as possible and cant seem to find any at all where my eyes are facing that exact direct with the same lighting. do you suggest a source where it will look more natural using someone elses eyes? as i have noticed that my eyes seem to be slightly different shape.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3673/0000014f.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1611/0000013f.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1724/0000015d.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/355/093io.jpg

p.s jeremy1986, it would be great if you could send me the full size of the image!

thank you very much everyone again!

Last edited by citygirl03; 10-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Hi CityGirl, How about this...
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7469/091w2.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Hi Kevin!! It's perfect!!!! thank you so so much!!!!! you are a star!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinashworth View Post
The work looks amazing ... I am in the same situation and looking for assistance please.

Anybody please?

Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
The work looks amazing ... I am in the same situation and looking for assistance please.

Anybody please?

Thanks
Welcome to RetouchPRO
Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
Poke around, have fun!

An image to work on or see to give advise would be very helpful.. also an accompanying headshot of the same individual looking in somewhat the same position with open eyes so they could be used in the closed eye picture would be very helpful.

If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads:
(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Other Hosts if you do not have your own site:
ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image. (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

RetouchPRO is a peer to peer site. That means we help those who are also trying to learn. This is, after all, a learning site... as per the FAQs: We have this "Image Help" forum just for that purpose.There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

Hope this helps some..
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 PM

Here's my take on the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 091[1].jpg (92.3 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2013, 08:05 PM

Hello CityGirl,

You have a problem that many tourists and photographers fall victim to. You are backlit. In other words, the sun is behind you and your friend, when ideally, you want the sun behind the photographer - and on you. You are on the dark side of the moon. Given that the camera was probably set for auto or WB was set for daylight, you will be in the shadow and most white, actually all neutrals, will appear cool - bluish. Given the clothes you are wearing, I would guess that there are lots of whites in there. Also you eyes (his eyes) and teeth will be equally casted. I did a quick path to isolate you two and color corrected based on some assumptions and took one of your eye shots that was closest to the angle you're shown (only flopped) and put this together. Lots of photos are thought to be great with a stunning background behind you - only to discover that you are in the dark. Welcome to the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09.jpg (89.3 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Patron

I guess I should have asked 'Lamb' to go to the top of the page and click on "Image Help" then click on "NEW THREAD" to start their own thread instead bumping and tagging onto this old thread started in Oct of 2010...

Sooooo, If You come back Lamb, you might want to follow the instructions on posting and start your own thread..
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
Welcome to RetouchPRO
Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
Poke around, have fun!

An image to work on or see to give advise would be very helpful.. also an accompanying headshot of the same individual looking in somewhat the same position with open eyes so they could be used in the closed eye picture would be very helpful.

If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads:
(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Other Hosts if you do not have your own site:
ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image. (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

RetouchPRO is a peer to peer site. That means we help those who are also trying to learn. This is, after all, a learning site... as per the FAQs: We have this "Image Help" forum just for that purpose.There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

Hope this helps some..

Thanks dude,

Sorted already!!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help