Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help..this is a tuff one.

Old 06-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Post Help..this is a tuff one.

I'm a new Photoshop user. I really like the program...and want to learn how to use it. I have several books on the restoration book by Katrin Eismann. It however was not able to help me with the photo that I attached with this message.
For this photo I could fix all the dots and cracks in it easy. The hard part comes with the following 2 problems.

1. Fingerprints on woman's face and rest photo.
2. The left part of the photo has been burned out by light shining on it. Half of the woman's face is brighter then it should be..and lost its sharpness. If you compare the eyebrows you will be able to see what I am talking about.

The fingerprint problem I fixed with the median filter but at expence of loss of sharpness.
The face problem and sweater...I could not fix. I tried using the curves adjustment. The idea was to put a color sampler on the bright side of the face and one on the dark side and make the %grayscale which I read from the (navigator)info window to match. I could not get them to match...and I gave up there...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help