RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Can someone add text to this pic for me?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 PM

Can someone add text to this pic for me?

Here is the picture I want edited:
http://img36.imageshack.us/i/110235.jpg/

Here is what I want it to look like:
http://img145.imageshack.us/i/35162.jpg/

This would be very much appreciated

P.S. It doesn't have to be perfect, just as close as you can get it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Patron

Re: Can someone add text to this pic for me?

Welcome to RetouchPRO

FAQ: Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?
No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

It will help if you let us know what photo editing software you are using and what you have already tried to do to improve your photo.

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads? (Click here)

You can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here: Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image on your own site or elsewhere and attach a link (as you did in your post ), but also please attach an under 100K version here (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

A lot can be done using Adobes' (free) Photoshop Express Editor on line...

Lets see if I got this right... U want the pic you have,... to look like the same pic you already have...

Have you thought of using a scanner to enlarge the picture or enlarging in a copy machine?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg want-edited.jpg (48.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg look-like-this.jpg (18.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg edited.jpg (191.3 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 AM

Well I figured that enlarging the second picture would lower the overall picture quality. I tried to add the text to it myself using photoshop cs3 but I don't have a text font that looks anything close to that and I can't add new fonts to photoshop for some reason. I like the third picture you attached (besides all of the text on it lol). I would like to know or "learn" how you did that.

Last edited by itscool; 04-05-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Patron

For the third pic, I just drug the small pic onto the larger one.. changed the mode to difference... used free transform.. pulling the corners only, while holding the shift key (to keep the proportions correct). and resized till the image aligned ( turned black).. change mode back to normal.... used a hide all mask (black) and painted white on the letters only, to reveal them... combined all by pressing Shft+Ctrl+Alt+E.. copied the new combined layer (Ctrl+J).. then did the repairs stated...
enlarged then saved for web

Looking forward to seeing your finished product!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM

If I knew how to do all that stuff I probably wouldn't be here asking for help lol; but either way I'll figure it out, no prob. Also do you know if there is a way to fix the text in the third pic? it looks kinda smudged.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscool View Post
If I knew how to do all that stuff I probably wouldn't be here asking for help lol;
Think you might be misunderstanding Olbaldy's statement "This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo." Which is a part of the forum rules!

Tell us what software you will use and you will find many people here will be likely to help you do the job yourself and in the process you will learn.

If that is not what you are looking for and would prefer to have it done for you then there are loads of members in the Classifieds that will do this for you for a fee.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
Think you might be misunderstanding Olbaldy's statement "This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo." Which is a part of the forum rules!

Tell us what software you will use and you will find many people here will be likely to help you do the job yourself and in the process you will learn.

If that is not what you are looking for and would prefer to have it done for you then there are loads of members in the Classifieds that will do this for you for a fee.
I would prefer to do it myself and learn if people are willing to help. I'm using photoshop cs3.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscool View Post
I would prefer to do it myself and learn if people are willing to help. I'm using photoshop cs3.
Good for you - perhaps I misjudged the post intention.

You mention the text issue and wanting to try and fix - I think it will be easier for you to add it yourself using seperate layers.
You should have a large selection of Fonts with CS3, I would imagine that you can find something close and then play with it a little to distort as required.

The picture below I just selected a couple of different fonts and also used the Warp Text tool (not sure if that is in the CS3 text tool box). This will automatically be placed on a new layer.

If you do not have the Warp Text tool or just wish to go mad with positioning of text you may want to use a seperate layer for each letter. By doing this you can individually resize, rotate, distort, warp etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAWR.jpg (99.8 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Patron

Had another go using CS2 just using the larger photo.. thought it might help to show the work-flow I used..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg workflow.jpg (195.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg sample.jpg (188.6 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM

I downloaded a bunch of different fonts and messed around with them. So far I like SamdanEvil the most, I think it fits the picture best; and I'm searching for more fonts right now to see if I could find anything better or maybe something that's close to the original. I really like the way your text is a combination of 2 colors 0lBaldy, may I ask how you did that?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help