The image is very, very small... about the size of the end of a pen... about 1/4 inch or 5 mm.
It appears to be a circle, but difficult to tell.
What size would you like your circle to appear on someone else's monitor?
It sounds like you're achieving (in Photoshop) the circle with the "blank" background.
Something that might be confusing is that even if the "eye" to the Background layer is off, when you "save for the web" (to get the image into .jpg fomat) Photoshop puts in a white background for you - even though the background was turned off. I do not see a way around this...
Let's get back to a basic question:
How do you plan on using your "circle without a background"? To show a teacher you could do it from your monitor? Printed output for a homework assignment? Put it on a web page? What?
How do you plan on using your "circle without a background"? To show a teacher you could do it from your monitor?
well, this is a project of ours in java wherein there must be 9 circle vertically of that size so it will fit the 800 by 600 resolution.
Something that might be confusing is that even if the "eye" to the Background layer is off, when you "save for the web" (to get the image into .jpg fomat) Photoshop puts in a white background for you - even though the background was turned off.
I dont use save for web i just use save as. I heard from a friedn in school that flash can do it, also if I use transparency will it do the trick?
RE: You do not use "save for the web"
That is OK.
When you save an image in .jpg format using SAVE AS or SAVE COPY or SAVE FOR THE WEB, it appears Photoshop flattens the image and gives you a white background no matter what.
RE: Will transparency help.
RE: Will Flash do the trick?
I have never used Flash, so I do not know. It would be worth a try. Let me know what you find out.
I strongly advise that you steer well clear of flash, until you have the fundamentals of a raster art program.
You could also create the cirlces as 'shapes' in Photoshop, these are vector shapes (as in flash).
Make sure that brfore you draw your cirlce anti-aliasing is turned on.
Also resolution of the final image doesnt need to be 150 or anything above 72 as computer screens do no go above this. In fact as far as I know you might as well choose 1 for resolution as it makes no odds
Last edited by Mike Needham; 07-11-2002 at 06:10 AM.
If you want to preserve the transparent background, you have to save as GIF. That is the only format that supports transparency (I think). In any case, JPG does not support transparency as you have discovered. Since it appears that you are creating "graphics" (the circles, as opposed to using photos), the GIF format should work just fine for you.
Theres no point confusing the issue, so go with what Jean says, however png. also caters for transparency as a matter of note. But in your case Garfield - go with the majority and save your pictures as Gif.89a - or in the case of Photoshop Save for Web>Gif>(tick tranparency box) and fill your boots.
Dont be afraid of going wrong, allow for messing up 90% of the time and prepare to be delighted when you pull it off the other 10%. Save often, breathe easy
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to get high quality jewelry photos easy and spend less?||usjol||Classifieds||0||02-22-2007 02:38 PM|
|Easy Selection: Lighten shadows in an image using a Mask created with Apply Image.||Flora||RP Tutorials||1||10-20-2006 12:06 AM|
|Epson Easy Photo Fix||Doug Nelson||Hardware||9||02-06-2004 05:15 PM|
|Quick, easy, painless "Selective De-saturation".||bhall07||RP Tutorials||1||01-08-2004 10:33 AM|
|easy||cricketb||Photo-Based Art||5||12-09-2002 10:06 AM|