Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Image size causing a problem

Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Image size causing a problem

I work as a retoucher for a photographer. Usually they are large file sizes. But recently he sent me images that were smaller in resolution. Usually when I save photos, I save them to TIFF. This usually enlarges the file size. This time it was at 2.02MB. Which is a lot smaller then he cares to have them.

Whenever I try to make the photo larger, it pixalates the photo and makes it hard to print. Is there any way to enlarge the photo and make it printer friendly? Without pixalating it?

I have photoshop CS5 btw
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Re: Image size causing a problem

That depends on how many pixels you have in the image file. In CS5, do Image> Image Size and check the actual dimensions in pixels of the Width and Length boxes. If you multiply the 2 values and it exceeds 500K pixels, then you should be able to use CS5, Genuine Fractals, and other utilities to upsize the image significantly. HOWEVER, if your image has already been pixelated by excessive jpg compression, or otherwise damaged by previous processing, then there is nothing much you can do to make it look great because Garbage In = Garbage Out.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help