Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

need help with text image to make it readable

Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
need help with text image to make it readable

first and foremost i have no experience whatsoever with any image editing software or tools. but i know my way around computers and thats the only thing i can come close to fixing this.

what i have are snipped images of a camera phone captured image of chat session. i knw this may sound like a challenge but i am really hoping u guys can help me. words in the chat box are not english but it is in english alphabet. i only tried using paint's tools to try and make out the words but tweaking the saturation/contrast/sharpness can only do so much (talk about being a noob).

PS: i knw about the size image requirement but i thought id use the original image first)
Attached Images
File Type: png foredit1.PNG (32.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: png foredit2.PNG (63.1 KB, 42 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Re: need help with text image to make it readable

Try uploading the original file somewhere (do NOT open/save it at any point as JPEG; just give us the file straight from the camera). Upload it to or similar.

It's important because it will loose quality whenever you save as JPEG. Then we can have a look. If the text isn't readable when zoomed in, it might be we can't restore it. We can enhance contrasts, but not bring back detail that isn't there in the first place.

Assuming you took the photos:

PS: Don't take pictures of the screen with a camera; just use the "print screen" button on your keyboard (then paste into Photoshop or Paint) and you have a perfect picture.

PPS: I don't recognise what chat software you are using, but many/most will allow you to log conversations so you can retrieve what was written later.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help