Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A perspective thing?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM
A perspective thing?

Hello everyone!

Amm, yeah, I wanted to ask this quickly, see I love studio shots, the flat gray seamlesss background ones, I do tons and tons of them, but there is something I can't get quite right.

Is it the floor? not sure about how to call it, in the attachment I put 2 pictures, the one in the left is one I made, if you look at both the floor is different it's like the one in the right is "less" floor than in my take which "shows" more floor.

What is it? Is it perspective? I can't seem to find the right word to address it and search for it on Google...

Is it a matter of focal length?

Does somebody have an idea on how this images are taken to get the floor so flat?

Is it the distance between your model and you?

I only have the 50mm lens and I'm still figuring out how to approach that "angle" I've found some takes to be easily done like this and I'm still wondering how... anyways, if somebody has any idea on where should I start looking, I would really appreciate it...

For your attention, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.jpg (60.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by motionless; 10-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Re: A perspective thing?

1) shoot from a lower camera angle (ie, get lower to the floor with the camera.)

2) gobo the light off the sweep.

3) the above can be facilitated by using more space (when possible). have your model further from the backdrop and you further from the model with a longer lens.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2011, 11:52 PM

Get the model to stand on a raised platform. Or, the floor horizon may well have been airbrushed or dropped in after (although the shoe/floor contact looks like a flat plane). It has been given the works anyway if the shadows are anything to go by.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM

If you're at 70mm for example, stand back to get your framing but stand at stomach/waist level. Seems like you're getting tight shots with the 50mm and you might be standing straight up. If you're tall its even worse.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 AM

You know it all makes so much sense now, like it is a matter of distance, perspective, focal length and actually the raised platform, watching those photoshoot videos everywhere they always put a raised platform, I can clearly see why.

Thanks an awful lot guys, you gave me a starting point :3 I'll let you know if I don't fail :P

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help