RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

I can not get the shadow off my face

Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Re: I can not get the shadow off my face

Ok, I can't do any of that. I think I will need to take a basic computer class also. All I know how to do is email a pic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Patron

Katherine, Welcome to RetouchPRO
Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
Poke around, have fun!

If you use Photoshop 7 you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads:
(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread (as you did here...except, link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload), but also please attach an under 100K version so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links.
Other Hosts if you do not have your own site:
ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) Photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) dropbox.com/tour (2GIG, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image. (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

A beginning start might be to copy the background layer and change the new layers mode to screen... hold down the Alt key and click on the mask icon @ the bottom of the layers Menu (Square with a circle in it) .. This should give you a big black box beside the screen layer.. enlarge the image so just the Lady's face is showing and paint with a small white soft brush over the shadow you want brightened.. paint with black paint to correct any goofs.. after each stroke if it seems to dark or bright you can always use the Edit>Fade tool to fine tune the brush stroke... if there are areas that are not quite right then you might use the healing brush tool.... take your time and practice cubed... you can do it!... To darken the children I just used the key combination Shft+Ctrl+Alt+E to copy all the layers onto a new layer.. copied the new layer and changed the mode to Multiply, held down the Alt key and click on the mask icon @ the bottom of the layers Menu.... painted with white on what I wanted darkened..

After you click on the thumbnail below.. click on the picture that pops up for a larger view... then click on that new picture to see an even larger picture if a larger version is available

~~Before~~ ~~After~~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct30090.jpg (49.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Oct30090-shadow-OB.jpg (198.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by 0lBaldy; 11-30-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2011, 08:56 PM

I went to the first part of the photo shop page to save it and it just stoped. Not sure what I did, but I did get to step 3. I will keep working. You guys have been so great. Most people would not even bother to help. Thanks to all of you!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help