RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

How to I fill in missing information?

Old 08-01-2002, 06:22 PM

Like everyone else, I too would ask for a reference photo. Although, I had a similar case and it didn't work out. The client had a photo of the woman as a child, with a reference photo that was about 50 years older.....I had to wing it.

For this image, I did a number of different things to achieve the look I had in mind.
I did a bit of cut and paste from the good eye and eyebrow.
A bit of dodge and burn, and a little hand painting.

It occured to me while I was doing this, that it wouldn't hurt me to have a better understanding of the human anatomy, and the way light and shadows fall on the face at different angles. I may just do some research on that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z1.jpg (93.8 KB, 47 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 06:47 PM

Superb Vicky - you have achieved what was a tough goal, I cant tell that you have ever been here. That really is an achievement
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 07:15 PM

I agree with Mike, Vikki - beautiful work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 08:06 PM

Just curious since nobody has commented on my work, is this a closed discussion or something and I'm not part of the inner circle??

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 08:26 PM

Gosh, I'm sorry Margaret. No, it's certainly not closed. I was working my way backwards through the posts and got slightly sidetracked. I'm sorry...

You've done a wonderful job on it - and you have very good reason to be pleased with the results! I really like the way you've added depth to her nose and made it so delicate and feminine looking right at the bridge.

It just takes me a while sometimes to make all of my comments on things as I often find I suddenly have about 100 zillion things going on here at once.

Did you have a chance at all to look at the other offerings posted? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them as well...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 09:27 PM

Sorry Margaret, I ment to say that I thought you did a great job of filling in the missing information but I get a little lazy at time and don't say what I intend to. So please accept my apologies for forgetting to tell you that you did a wonderful job.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2002, 09:50 PM

Good to know I wasn't being ignored - it gets lonely over here sometimes.

Yes Jak, I did see all the entries and all were very good. I was able to compare side by side to my own and see where I could do better especially on the eyes.

I look forward to seeing more of your work, I can learn a lot from it,

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2002, 04:42 AM

Aww bless Win promise I wasnt ignoring you - I had infact commented on yours and the others, whilst it was not an indepth response, it was to acknowledge everyones good work
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2002, 06:10 AM

Mike and Jak - .
Quote:
I cant tell that you have ever been here
That's the best compliment, and what I was striving for. Thanks!

In response to Margret.....You and the others have done some fine work on this. To even take on this challenge is worth applause!

Although I'd like to comment and critique on the postings, there are so many, and I just can't find enough time. Also, I am not the best critic. I tend to see the cup half full (including my own). Unless someone specifically asks me to, I try to shy away from critiqing.

I'm always amazed, and admire, those faithful souls here that always find the time

Last edited by Vikki; 08-02-2002 at 06:47 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2002, 09:59 AM

I've nearly finished the photo (see below) but its not as good as what you guys/gals have done but im hoping to get better with ALOT of practice.

I used mainly the clone brush feature in psp to fix the scratches
and missing parts of the picture(i think I went a bit crazy with it over the bridge of the nose.)

The photo is my friends grandparents and she only had this picture of them otherwise I would have copied the features from another photo.

I just need to change the contrast and tone of the picture to try and make some detail stand out in the faces but im not sure how to do it in psp6, I think I could have made the photo better if I'd used photoshop but at the moment I only have the trial version so I cant save or import anything which Is why im using psp.

I love seeing the results of what you've done with other peoples photos who need advice.

This has got to be the BEST forum I've been on so far, everyone is really helpful and friendly.... keep it up

Thanx for the help and advice everyone, It's much appreciated.

Michael...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldies2.jpg (68.7 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help