RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Recover SEVERELY damaged and PRECIOUS photo?!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 AM

Unhappy Recover SEVERELY damaged and PRECIOUS photo?!

Hi All,

To view my previous thread on this, see 'Important image is corrupted - help!'
Didn't get many replies and some things have changed since then so this is basically to sum up all the additional details in one thread without keep adding replies to my old thread.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Without boring the hell out of you, on Friday I accidentally (AND VEY STUPIDLY) deleted an INCREDIBLY PRECIOUS photo (on my phone). I managed to recover it using ZAR Software, however it must have gotten corrupted or damaged somehow along the way. (Heard this is popular when using recovery softwares...) I'm not talking the whole 'half of my image is missing' or 'it's black and white' ... I mean SEVERELY corrupted. No image. The thumbnail is very clearly visible on MY PHONE, but when I go to click it,m it says 'cannot read file'. Whilst on my COMPUTER, the thumbnail is a simple icon, and it says 'no preview available'.

WHAT HAVE I TRIED ALREADY?

Flaming heck, too much to list no doubt! I very much doubt that I can remember every single software that I have tried but if you do post one in a suggestion it will jog my memory of whether I have or haven't already tried it out.

PixRecovery - The demo said that the image couldn't be recovered.

IrfanView - When I tried to open the image it said 'file contains no image'.

PictureDoctor - Just a simple message saying that it couldn't recover and that there was something missing.

StellarPheonixPhotoRecovery - AHA! The closest I have come to victory. The image DID appear to recover in the little preview, with no marks or damage or anything. BUT you have to BUY the programme to save it and I am still in school, I wouldn't be allowed to buy something like that for ONE photo that I STUPIDLY deleted. Is this proof that my photo CAN be recovered though?

There you go. I think I tried a few more, but I cannot remember - just note that none of them successfully worked! I am tearing my hair out here, this isn't just a stupid photo, and it definately isn't one that can be taken again. I am never going to see this person again, this was a MEMORY. Everyone else is plastering photos over facebook with this person and I am going through hell trying to get mine back! Serious help is needed!

IF YOU TELL ME THERE IS NO FREE, POSSIBLE WAY TO GET THIS BACK IT WON'T BE YOUR FAULT BUT I WILL BE UPSET. IF YOU SAY THAT THERE IS A WAY TO GET IT BACK BUT I WILL HAVE TO PAY THEN I WON'T BE PAYING, BUT I GUESS I'LL FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT IT'S REPAIRABLE. ALL I WANT IS THIS ONE PHOTO BACK! CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HARD THIS IS BEING MADE!

Thanks in advance for ANY HELP what-so-ever! I appreciate it
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:39 AM

Re: Recover SEVERELY damaged and PRECIOUS photo?!

Charlotte, try pandora recovery, that's what I use. I would also suggest taking the storage card (assuming you saved it there originally) out of your phone and not using it anymore until you recover the pic. Technology advances and who knows, in 5 years you may be able to recover the image easily, but, not if you write over it for 5 years.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2012, 10:38 AM

sounds horrible, for next time use some cloud storage facility like Dropbox or Sky Drive or any other... this is only what I could suggest. by the way I've been through this situation...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 PM

If you're working on a Mac you could try Graphic Converter.

http://www.lemkesoft.com/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help