Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Hello and please help..

Old 09-03-2002, 08:41 PM
The method Aviso used is somewhat unclear to me. It worked nicely though, but looked too dark in the end. Getting rid of artifact is a hobby of mine and a fairly easy way (for advanced users) to accomplish pretty much the same thing is to build a duplicate blue channel mask and manipulate the duplicate with curves to bring out the mess of artifact as much as possible, without going overboard. Basically this will isolate the unwanted artifact that appears as blue in the rgb file. Then using this channel as a selection to fill in the areas of blue with the dark colour sampled from the background. (Once you've filled a new layer with this dark colour you have to change the blend mode to saturation.)
By playing with various channels you can further reduce the noise and, as Aviso said, camouflage the unwanted noise, which is great advice.
I wanted to upload a copy of the blue channel used in this process but it was so messy the file size was too big, so I cropped a portion of what the results look like using this method.
The masks used only take a couple seconds to make because all you're doing is duplicating channels and messing with them via curves. The only real difference between this and the aviso version is this has less contrast in the plane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jet.jpg (99.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Mig; 09-03-2002 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2002, 11:10 AM
Lightbulb All this one needs is a little touching up...

Had a little fun with this one myself... Basically, I used the channel ideas -- copygin the green channel into the noisy blue one. Then I went back and fooled around with the blue channel trying to bring a little more color back into the picture, but I was only mildly successful. Since it's such low light, it's no doubt any visible colors are washed out -- but I think that line of grass along the runway would look great if it had a nice dark green hue to it...

Oh well, the only thing I though the picture needed was the star field that obviously was there when you snapped the picture originally... I got kind of lazy, so I'm sure you can see where I dropped the clip files onto a new layer and then "erased" the jet back into full light...

Not such a bad photo, all in all...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hangar-jet.jpg (84.3 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help