RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Color cast on face

Old 11-16-2013, 02:15 PM

Talking Color cast on face

Hi! I'm still a Photoshop newbie and i have some problems with green/yellow color cast on Miley's face Can you please give me some hints on how to cope with that issue ? Thank you in advance
P.S The .jpeg you see is not the final version , i know it doesn't look fine but ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (69.5 KB, 63 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 PM

Re: Color cast on face

You can use a hue and saturation layer and pick yellow in the drop down menu where it says master and pick yellow as your target color and slightly slide the saturation slider to the left to desaturate the yellow slightly and then slowly slide the hue slider until that yellow color starts to look more to your liking…you have to play a little. Of course this will affect the whole image so you will have to make a mask on that layer to hide what you just did and paint in just the area you want to correct with the brush tool…a white brush to paint through the black mask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (82.6 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2013, 05:29 PM

A second and easier way to correct your color problem is make a duplicate layer and set the layer blending mode to color and take the brush tool and sample of the skin color that you want to replace the yellow/green with and then paint with the brush over the area you want to fix.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2013, 05:44 PM

You have to mask the area where it's green. Some feathering may be necessary. Make adjustment layers to that. It still won't match the body builder. Body builders tend to use tanning and sometimes body oils to create that that look to the skin. The tan emphasizes the deeper areas, whereas the bright highlights come from a very smooth surface with a high refractive index created by the liquids. This means a large percentage of that light is refracted in a way that changes its direction by more than 180 degrees. It gives a very polished look compared to the head. You can get it closer, but I don't think you'll have the texture for a perfect match.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM

Thank you for the quick replies !
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2013, 07:33 PM

For something this color saturated and even toning (the body), I would go straight for a paint with a softbrush in Color Mode. The color can't be too bright as it will be overly saturated too fast. Play with sampling some areas in the pec region and then go into Color Picker - move your color to the left (grayer). I painted with 186R, 127G, 107B. Klev is absolutely right that the highlights and shadow areas do not jive with the body builders. You could do a couple of things. Lasso and feather the head. Implement Tone Curve moves. You could pixel clone highlights from pectoral region, blending them into the faces highlight areas. If you really worked it, you could get it pretty close. Can't really show on the lores, but can give you an idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Color-Picker.jpg (90.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (93.7 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help