RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

How create this render?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:57 AM

Re: How create this render?

I labeled the layers for you, so that should help you interpret it. How would you like me to post it? The masking and painting is extremely sloppy, but I just did this for reference. You could get much closer to your reference if you deepen the cheeks and around the chin. The psd should open on Photoshop CS6 or CC.

There is no .cube, because I did not use an LUT. Tulack uses LUTs, and his work is about as close as you will get using automated methods on jpeg images. You might get a bit closer using raw files in Lightroom, but you will run into difficulty when certain details just don't match.

The masking on mine is extremely sloppy, because as I mentioned I did it quickly on a laptop trackpad. I can post the full psd if you can suggest a good place. I usually try to ensure that others can also view this stuff, but I would have to shrink them quite a bit to make it fit as a forum attachment.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2015, 10:50 AM

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
You can post the psd on google drive or a dropbox or any server? I can load it on my website.
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiiib View Post
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
You can post the psd on google drive or a dropbox or any server? I can load it on my website.
Thanks
Here's a dropbox link. It's uploading now. If you want something that is closer to an automated workflow, you will need to get certain aspects of it in the shot, and you will want to use raw images in Lightroom.

Of course in my case I would probably write a number of scripts and things to help, but most people are not comfortable doing that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2015, 12:04 PM

Thanks Klev for your application !
I go to llok this and I write a return.
Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-20-2015, 02:05 PM

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2015, 02:36 PM

Hi klev,
i'm back.
Thanks for your application and your very detailled PSD, i'm very grateful.
So, in fect there is a lot of layers but each layer have his importance.
When i'm looking that, the layers are similar when i'm retouching with lighroom with the pencil. In the final, i have a lot of layers in LR on each layer is important and unique.

For exemple, i retouche this photo with LR with 8 or 9 layers: http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2015/...2758736221.jpg

To speak about your retouch, I've modificate few things, I do better the contours and I've got delete few details and colours which did not go.

Thanks again, in fact I thank PS is not complicated but it's easy when i was looking your layers.

Now, i have to reflect on my future editorial line and that's the most complicated part of the advancement.
Sorry for my bad english!!
See you soon
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2015, 03:17 PM

No problem. It wouldn't have made much sense to show you a psd without the appropriate labels and things, as you wouldn't learn as much from it.

I think I see where you are going with this. Be careful with your shadows. The image is fairly dark. The deep shadows don't really create depth for it. The shadows are also very sudden and blocked up, which is usually bad.

Look at the revised example. See how it no longer looks really dark? I just brightened the blacks a bit to make my point. You don't want to do it that way in Lightroom. You want to address whatever caused them to block up so much in the first place. The results will look better.

I also think the bridge of the nose is a bit bright compared to other highlights on her face, but I did not adjust it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 150921092758736221.jpg (68.5 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2016, 03:56 AM

Hi guys, I read your conversation and I would like to see the PSD file which Klev attached to dropbox. The link is not working anymore. Could you please attach it again?

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siky View Post
Hi guys, I read your conversation and I would like to see the PSD file which Klev attached to dropbox. The link is not working anymore. Could you please attach it again?

Thanks a lot
It's apparently still in one of my backups, but I had deleted it. thiiib originally said he would host it, but he hasn't logged on in a very long time.

The masking is very very sloppy here. I just cranked it out with my laptop's trackpad rather than a tablet. I was trying to make a point about breaking down adjustments. I don't know how thiiib has done since then. I'll leave this up for a few days.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
It's apparently still in one of my backups, but I had deleted it. thiiib originally said he would host it, but he hasn't logged on in a very long time.

The masking is very very sloppy here. I just cranked it out with my laptop's trackpad rather than a tablet. I was trying to make a point about breaking down adjustments. I don't know how thiiib has done since then. I'll leave this up for a few days.
Thanks a lot, I just download it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help