RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

need feed back

Old 08-15-2001, 05:25 PM

need feed back

i finished (unless you say i haven't)the pic of my uncle that i've already had so much help from yall on. i was amazed @ how readily the calendar transformed, thought it would wind up looking bizarre.

what i would esp. like feedback on is the one called shadow dancer. which version do you prefer and why, what needs changing.

hopefully i have learned to link to the site

*http://photos.yahoo.com/kmcrimm
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 05:54 PM

Hi Kathleen,
Yes the link works great. Loved how your Mom's uncle came out. I was kind of curious about that one. You did a great job. I would never know that calandar wasn't there. You transformed it very well in comparison with the original.

As to the shadowdancer. Nice artistic effects. I guess for my own opinion and mind you art is subjective, I liked the first one or the softer one. However I liked the added touch of color in the flowers you brought into the second one. I think the first one softens the little girls features and gives it an innocent quality. It looks like you were going for a mix of impressionism in water color. Excellent work in both of them. Looks like you had a good time with them.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 06:56 PM

that helps dj. gives me ideas of more stuff to try. and oh yes i enjoyed that a lot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 08:08 PM

Kathleen,

Fantastic job on uncle.....I have a great appreciation for anyone who takes the enormous time to get rid of all the scratches...I dread it when I get ones like that.

On the shadow dancers, I kind of like the middle one I guess because the first one doesn't seem as focused and the last one seems too focused...but that's just me.

keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 08:54 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Hi Kathleen,

Ditto on the uncle. excellent job. On the shadow dancer, I liked the one in the middle also. It gave me a feeling of lightness, and I could see a dancer gliding through the air. The one on the right also has some fascination to it, but for *my* taste, it's a bit bold. I agree with Debbie about the painted flowers. I think it adds a little something to the image.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2001, 11:38 PM

hey guys,

thanks for taking a peek and the time to let me know. i am relieved to hear you think the uncle's ok. in the last stages, i found an original of the picture of my mom that is sitting on top of the radio in the uncle pic, inserted it, but it never looked just right, even with noise on it and a multiply layer, so stuck to the restored version.

and the shadowdancer on the left is the original, that the shadow's head was cut off is an ability i inherited from my dad. it's my daughter @ 4y. i always loved the pic and kicked myself for the botch; little did i know that photoshop would come to the rescue one fine day. i think i have enjoyed working on it as much as anything so far; i do like the painterly part - maybe a less exacting judge than photorealism.

thank you friends.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2001, 12:07 AM

Kathleen, I really like the middle version of Shadowdancer. The colors are very nice and the softness adds to the magic of the scene. Oh to be a kid again and experience the wonder of a world only they can see. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2001, 12:25 AM

. . . "and I think to myself, what a wonderful world". . . that's one of my all time favorite songs; you reminded me of it. and . . . "if you are among the very young at heart." i need a smilie with music notes on it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2001, 12:30 AM

whoops. note to self: always preview when you use smilies.

another note to self and anybody else who needs to hear it, remembered from the dim mists of the past:

put up in a place
where all can see
the cryptic reminder
"TTT"
when you feel
how depressingly
slow you climb,
always remember
"things take time"

-piet heinlein
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2001, 09:01 AM

Kathleen, Excellent little bit of advice. Wish more folks would take it to heart . Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help