Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

fix color

Old 11-24-2002, 04:07 PM
More on sharpening can be found here:

It is worth exploring all the various articles - sharpening can be made as simple or complex as you like, but the goals are always the same...make the image sharper without making it look artificial and not to amplify flaws.

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Smile Asiva Tryout..

Not sure if I'm violating any forum rules but here's my try at this.
Using Asiva I was able to correct the redness in her face by desaturating the red component in the fleshtones. While I was at it I also took some of the blue out of the man's shirt. Then adjusted the the contrast and brightness of the image while brightening the man's face. Next I shifted the green color component of the man's fleshtones more into the red.
It's kind of hard to explain but Asiva works without masks. You use a combination of curves for the Hue, Saturation and Luminance Components of the image to make your selections. Once those selections are defined you can adjust or apply any number of soften or sharpen operators to the HSL and RGB components of that selection. Since this image is a low resolution version of the image file the results are not as good as it could be if working on the original. If you had the Asiva software I could email you the extremely small instructions file I used to correct this image. Since the instructions are vector based and not germane to any image, you could use it to correct the original higher resolution file.

oops image did not attach..
Asiva Tryout

Last edited by Asiva; 11-26-2002 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help