RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Need help

Old 12-05-2002, 05:57 PM

Thanks Jeanie,

Now I just have to figure out how to use it!!

I did a quick test, and one thing I noticed is that I can't resave the file as a tiff. But, I can work around that.

Oh boy!! Something else to play with!! I guess it's good that there isn't a book on how to use it, my wife is getting tired of me buying all these $50.00 books for PS and all it's add-ons! Oh well, it's better than some other habits!!

Now I just have to see if I can get the results you did on the eye on the whole image! Do you happen to remember what settings you used>>

Thanks again,
Paul
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 06:10 PM

Re: Settings... For the levels, I didn't keep track. I just brought the sliders in to meet the shadow and highlight edges of histogram on the composite channel.

For Neat Image, it's hard to give values, because I always use the process to set up the noise profile for each image I work on. I do know that in the Noise Filter Settings, I left everything default except for the sharpening. For the sharpening, I set "High" to 0% (the default appears to be 50%) and then I set "Low" to 250%. I set the "high sharpening" to zero because that would have accented the remaining cracks.

I think you have to pay to register Neat Image in order to save as TIFF. I've worked with so many noisy/damaged images that the price of registration was well worth it. (It's about as much as a book, isn't it? )

Hope this helps,
Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 09:22 PM

Ok Paul I gave it a try and I did it fast so a little more time can produce better results. If we had a larger sample of the face MOre can be done, also a larger version like 600 x 400 pixels.

Any way you can save it, now keep in mind that if I new what the original looked like I could colorize it, but it will give you a starting point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye 1.jpg (54.3 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2002, 09:52 PM

Thanks Jeanie and Phil,

I am going to do some more work on this tomorrow with some of my new tools. (Neat Image) I will post the results when I have them!

Thanks for all your help, maybe I should post this for a challenge???

Thanks again,
Paul
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help