Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help With Moms photo

Old 03-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Don....I'm so very sorry, find comfort in knowing she is not far. Just take your hand and touch your heart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-mom-goldcoin.jpg (73.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by GOLDCOIN; 03-06-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-04-2003, 11:20 PM
There are no words in times like these. My sympathies in your loss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mom.jpg (97.5 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 12:02 AM
Don, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved mother. I worked on the image some, but didn't want to overdo it. In case you have a higher resolution file, here's what I did:

1. Ran the photo through Neat Image to reduce the grain in her face some, but not all the way. (I think the setting I used was 35% grain reduction.)

2. Copied the Neat Image version into a layer above the original version. Because I didn't like what Neat Image did to her hair and sweater, I applied a layer mask so that only the Neat Image filter applied to her face was visible.

3. I felt that her skin tones looked a little washed out, so I copied the Neat Image layer (with just her face visible b/c of the layer mask) and set the blending mode to multiply and the opacity to 30%.

4. The skin tones didn't look "warm" enough (like CJ said, too much cyan), so I created a levels adjustment layer and used the gray eyedropper to click in her gray hair hoping to find a place that gave me a nice balance in the skin tones. After much experimentation, I found I liked the following settings best:
R: 0/1.37/255
G: 0/0.87/255
B: 0/0.85/255

The above steps gave me the result you see in the attachment. I hope this helps a little.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mom-copy-jsa.jpg (96.1 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your mother had a very friendly face. You can't help but feel sorrow because of your loss, but try to find some consolation in knowing that you were given the opportunity to share in life's happy moments with her.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2003, 01:33 AM
Don I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Her picture looks like a very kind and loving woman. I know these are very sad days for you. May God bless and help you through them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Don -- as with everyone else I am sorry to hear of your loss. In viewing all the images one thing just stays the same, her warm and happy eyes, wonderful smile, and loving expression. She looks like a very special mom --- who has a special son. Our hearts are with you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help