RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Sun bleached #2

Old 03-28-2003, 12:29 PM

I played around with this a bit yesterday, but didn't get time to post it.

I played with histogram, and then used clone and push brush to clean the edges, and lightened his hat and collar with the change to target brush.

Tyeise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mh net origina smaller.jpg (40.1 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 01:46 PM

MIg thats an awsome job, I tried and didnt get the success you did. How about a tutorial on how.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 07:25 PM

sunbleached

You're right Phili - Bill M, Mig and Tyeise did some super things. PS7 has some super tools that I haven't begun to explore. All the tips are wonderful, and hopefully I can follow some of them and try to duplicate the qualities.

Also thanks again for the sizing tips (and Jeanie again). It must be difficult to tell what's going on with such small pics to upload/download - what do you convert them to, to see better - like to do a challenge or whatever, like when you received these from me?, etc.

And, is one of these a good candidate for a tutorial? They sure had me baffled. But then curves has always been sacred ground for me. Not to mention the new tools you've checked out. Have to get over fears and start playing a little. Will have more time soon...

Ok - here's the deal, here's the one we did desaturated/sepia. I changed it to 8" jpg. 72dpi 8 quality and it reads like 48k but opens 737k. Is this what it's supposed to do and is acceptable?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 07:26 PM

forgot pic

here's the pic we did
Attached Images
File Type: jpg young man 8inch jpg 72dpi 8quality.jpg (48.2 KB, 38 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 08:20 PM

The 100k limit is on the jpg COMPRESSED size and NOT the opened size. Ignore the opened size. So the 50ish size is still smaller than it needs to be. Keep smiling! Bill
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2003, 08:32 PM

still working away

Coolness on the size - keep under 100k jpg.

So Mig is doing layer masks and painting? Where do I find this info - PS book? I did a filter that helped, but couldn't see his LIPS.
And Phili1 said color cast adjustment with levels - can find levels and the options but what is color cast?
Those eyedroppers Bill M you used in curves are wonderful, but I don't know how to control them yet, only the left one seems to work respectfully.
I think I do need a tutorial. I am trying to follow the curves one, but it talks about the values I can't practice because the picture won't download yet? I will try again. Any other suggestions?

The filter and then some eyedropper action was helpful. Probably should try some channel stuff. Anyway, I appreciate the quick tips that you are familiar with, I just don't know how to do them - yet. Will keep playing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2003, 01:06 PM

So Mig is doing layer masks and painting? Where do I find this info - PS book?

Layer masks are definitely in a PS book. Do you have one? I've found that Ben Willmore's book (Adobe Photoshop Studio Techniques) is very easy to understand. You can also do a search for "layer mask tutorials" on the web and should find some good info. (I would do that for you, but am short on time right now. )

And Phili1 said color cast adjustment with levels - can find levels and the options but what is color cast?

Quoted from here:
Quote:
The technical term for one color problem affecting an entire photo is color cast. The definition of a color cast is: "An overall color imbalance in an image, as if viewed through a colored filter."

It is when one dominant color appears as a trace in all the other colors in a photograph. The predominance of a particular color ruins the whole image. It is like the proverbial rotten apple that ruins the barrel.

Many times a photo or scan will have a single-color cast, where, for example, the entire picture has a blue tint, or a red tint, or a yellow tint. There are also color casts which include two colors or where two colors dominate, like yellow/green as opposed to a pure yellow cast.
Does that help explain it?

Those eyedroppers Bill M you used in curves are wonderful, but I don't know how to control them yet, only the left one seems to work respectfully.

This tutorial might help. It's a bit of a read, but the levels information starts somewhere in the middle and the eye dropper information is within that towards the bottom. The eye droppers can be used in both levels and curves.

We've thrown a lot of techniques at you. It's easy to feel overwhelmed. I found the easiest way to learn was to take one particular problem a figure out how to fix it. Then work on the next problem I wanted to solve.

Don't give up!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-29-2003, 01:25 PM

Layer mask tutorials:

ThinkDan

Fundy

Web Reference

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help