Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

help with color change...

Old 06-30-2003, 06:07 AM
Thanks Doug!

After this I'll expect the RP firing squad...
but believe me all this is to tell you how right you are about the regality of the deep red (in Italian 'porpora') typical of the Churches ornaments ... here it comes ....

""La veste stessa, o parte di essa, fatta di tale stoffa, o che ha tale colore, segno esteriore di particolare dignità (presso gli antichi Romani, simbolo dell'ordine senatorio ed equestre, nell'impero bizantino della sovranità imperiale, e ancor oggi della dignità cardinalizia)""

in other words .... ""to be raised to the purple"" as exterior sign of regality ...

.... Wow .... this was a bout of 'professional aberrance' .... I beg your forgiveness ....

As for brain surgery ..... how about '' or even better '' ....

...Doug...I promise .... after this .... I'll keep my mouth shut for the rest of the day ....
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Per favore, soltanto se andando dormire.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Flora
Hi Dan!

I agree with what everybody said already about the colours not really fitting together ... but, should the MOB insist, here is what I tried:

1) Removed the yellowish cast (this gives you more freedom in choosing the curtain colour) by using the Curves:

a) Tweak the 'Set white point' to these values -> H=0, S=0, B=90 as to obtain a 'softer' white ....

b) Set the White Point on one of the flowers in the vase at the bottom left.

2) Select the whole curtain.

3) Activate the dress picture and use the Color Picker to choose the right color.

4) Back to the church picture, with the curtain selected, open the Hue&Saturation dialog box and click on Colorize.

5) to lighten the colour, with the now blue curtain selected, press Ctrl + J to copy it onto its own Layer and play with the blendings: Screen/Color Dodge/Linear Dodge .... adjust the contrast by using: Curves/Levels or Brightness & Contrast...

You ROCK. That's awesome looking. If I can't figure this out I'm hiring you. The matching carpet makes it look even wilder.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-01-2003, 09:17 AM

.... I kept my promise .... and not only 'andando a dormire' .... (your Italian is actually quite good!!!!) ....

Thank you so much for your words....What a boost for my ego!!!!!

So glad you liked it and I'm sure that by now you have a very happy and satisfied MOB!! .... and please, don't hesitate to contact me should you desire more specific explanations....

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help