RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Bad skin fix required

Old 12-02-2003, 11:20 PM

MAMA CAN TAKE THE HEAT

I can take the flaming! What I posted was a screen shot of the overkill...the idea is to lower the opacity! As a note on any difference between airbrushing and the gaussian blur technique...there's not much of a difference, as I use both techniques in my workflow. Using the airbrush, sampling colors is like painting with a "gaussian blur." The thing is, there is a distinction between retouching, restoration and "fashion or glamour" retouching. What you may consider fake looking, will be the only thing that will get appoved by a celebrity's publicist or magazine editor. Sad but true. Also went to check out pierre's photos and agree that larger versions would be nice. Also he does a real good job on restorations but noted severe overspray remnants on the glamour retouching examples!(burn burn burn!) ouch!

All in fun
Luvs Mama
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2003, 09:23 AM

huh?

When I sent up larger versions I was criticized, now I send smaller versions and I'm criticized? "Severe overspray remnants?" What is it with this board anyway?

PS. It wasn't a flame actually but come on, look at those eyelids, those are realistic?

Last edited by pierresplace; 12-05-2003 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2003, 11:57 AM

Well, I wouldn't have criticized larger because I like larger versions of images. I suppose if I didn't have a DSL connection, the page would load slower.

Re: eyelids...on that base version the eyelids were the "original" in that that area was not effected by the gaussian blur, but I agree and in contrast to the softened skin it does look pretty bad. So click the link below to see the continued retouch with some curves adjustment layers for the contouring and highlighting, hair color, lips etc, I've posted an image that would have more of a chance making a magazine cover than the original. Remember, I'm not talking reality...because the model just has too many flaws to make it "naturally." Glamour magazines want "perfect" which you and I and everyone else knows is not a reality. I like to say, "we bring out the inner beauty" Click here. http://www.shanzcan.com/retouchpro/essence.html

Also, I've marked the overspray of some of your images. This can happen when you're using a large diameter airbrush (which really is a good choice because it performs more like an airbrush). But you have to add a layermask to go back with a smaller hard edge brush for cleanup.
Overspray
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2003, 02:49 PM

Gee. I hope we haven't forgotten about GlenG in all this. In his original post I see nothing about wanting to get his model on the cover of Essence. I suspect he may be happier with earlier efforts. Mama, your pic in your last post is much improved but do you really think Essence would buy into the white around her eyebrows? My work is definitely not on their level, so I don't know. Just a question.

Cheers
Duv
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2003, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Gee. I hope we haven't forgotten about GlenG in all this
Given GlenG was looking for input four months ago, I suspect it's OK to forget him at this point... either he has the world's most patient client ever or else at this point anything we come up with is of entirely academic interest...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2003, 06:38 PM

Good point on that Leah. Seems like only yesterday!

Cheers
Duv
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2003, 09:28 PM

Actually, the "overspray" are the result of a curves adjustment which I detect in my psd. still, it's a careless artifact which needs correction. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help