Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

A little help would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-27-2003, 09:05 AM

I did this a couple of days ago and forgot to post it.

I duped the BG and ran the JtD Polarizer 2 CM action (from DPReview Actions v06a). Set the opacity of the new layer to 100% and added a mask and painted the lower half of the image back in.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg catia-veniceretouch.jpg (99.1 KB, 25 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Loved the initial picture and thought it deserved some retouching to bring it out even more. Here's what I did.

Duplicated the layer twice and hid the top layer.

The water in the foreground lacked definition so I added a curves adjustment layer to bring out some of the blue better and define some of the ripples better. I added a layer mask with a b&w gradient to effect only the water.

I then added a rosy hue to the sky and the background to give it some dynamism. I realise that I have strayed from the true image, but I thought a bit of artistic liscence was called for to really make the sky stand out. I used a technique similiar to using a traditional lens filter. Again I masked out the bottom half.

The top layer was revealed and a high pass filter of 10 with a blend mode of soft light at around 66% opacity was added.

Flattened and saved for web - JPG 50% quality to comply with forum reg's (lost some quality in the flattening)

Great photo though, The background almost looks like a picture postcard rather than an actual photo. Blew me away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg venice-red-tint.jpg (94.4 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help