Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Help With Cloning Problem Please

Old 01-04-2004, 04:35 AM

Photoshop has so many different tools and abilities that it can take years to learn it thoroughly -- but you can learn to use it well enough to do many helpful and fun things in a matter of weeks and months. I don't know what you have already done to learn as much as you have, but want you to know that there are free tutorials on the internet that can be very helpful in learning the basics as well as more advanced skills. This site has a tutorial section for retouching, but it does help to have some of the basic skills already under your belt.

Some places on the internet with helpful info for a beginner (we are all beginners at one time or another ) --

Russell Brown Tutorials - Photoshop This man has excellent tips, but this page has a mix of beginning/intermediate tips all tossed together -- look at cropping, sharpening, healing brush and painting with light first. You need to click on "More tips" at the top of the page to get to the next page. You'll have to register but there is no fee and they don't bug you with e-mail ads or anything. There are MANY subjects taught at

Last edited by CJ Swartz; 01-04-2004 at 05:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2004, 04:44 AM
Hi C.J.
Thanks for the information. I suppose that I can say that I am not an early beginner as I have been practising retouching for months now but I think that I am doing it the hard way by trial and error and also I am taking a lot longer to do things because I haven't learned the quicker ways yet. Before I had Photoshop I was using Corel 8 photo-paint and found it very good but maybe not as good as Photoshop, however I bought a set of learning CDs for photopaint and learned a few things from those, but of course although the way to do things in photo-paint is similar to Photoshop it isn't the same and I am definately confusing myself. I will have to stick to one programme and I have decided it will be Photoshop. You mentioned channels in one of your posts C.J. and I did learn a little about Channels in the book I have mentioned above, but again I don't really understand them to well, it all seems so complicated.......Val
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help