|Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help|
| ||Thread Tools|
Downloaded a PS action but ???
Assuming you are running PS under Windows...
* Open the image to which you want to apply the action. If this is your only copy, I'd duplicate it and close the original. That way if the action completely hoses the image, you still have the original.
* F9 (or Window > Actions) to show the Actions Palette if it is not already visible.
* From the Actions Palette menu (black arrow/top-right), choose Load Actions...
* Navigate to whereever you unzipped the .atn file.
* In the Load Actions window select (click on) the .atn file and click OK. This copies the file into Photoshop.
* The gray bar is an Action Set (folder that contains individual actions). Click the arrow to its left to expand it.
* Inside the action set are the actions (white bars, text indented slightly).
* Click on (highlight) the action (white bar).
* Click the triangle at the bottom of the actions palette to "play" the action. PS will start executing the recorded commands.
Hope this gets you moving...
Just wanted to Thank you Danny .... problem solved, plus I am learning a lot more about actions. Thanks for your help!!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sheri's Sketch - HELP NEEDED!||tonyt||Software||7||06-28-2007 04:22 AM|
|How Do I Record "Save As" as an Action Without a Filename?||steiny||Software||1||10-30-2006 10:24 AM|
|Combining Photoshop Actions Into a Set||Scribe||Software||6||10-24-2005 10:19 AM|
|Free B&W Toning action set||gmitchel||Photo Restoration||3||10-20-2005 08:56 AM|
|Ok I'm Stuck! (installing new action in PSE2)||pm3009||Hidden Power Support||4||05-10-2005 06:42 PM|