Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Colorcast Removal

Old 05-19-2004, 06:52 AM
Colorcast Removal

I have never come across such a fantastic group of professionals who were so willing to help...and in plain English, no less! I just read BigAl's "Colorcast Removal Using PSP" and was wondering if there is a similar technique for Photoshop (or if there is some "translation key" between PS7 and PSP). Thank you again, one and all.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Up to the point where he refers to "Edit> Copy merged (Shift-Ctrl-C) and pasted this to a new layer:" you can do it exactly the same way (even the menu paths are the same, I think). For that bit, create a new blank layer on top of your others, ensure that layer is active, then hold down Alt (or Option on the Mac) and select Merge Visible. There isn't a specific "Automatic small scratch removal" tool, but if you feel your photograph needs something else at that point then you could play around with some of the PS filters and see what you can achieve.

Don't forget the other options for color cast removal in PS -- the automatic or semi-automatic options include Auto Color, Variations, or using the grey point dropper in Levels or Curves.

And if you have a particularly tricky photo, you can always post it under Help Requested and get some specific advice -- there are many, many different ways to fix color and someone is bound to suggest one that's well suited to that particular image!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Again, I am indebted. I can't believe that so many talented people like yourself are so willing to give your time and expertise. I tried your suggestion on the colorcast example photo in the PSP tutorial and the results were excellent! Thank you, Leah. I hope to have a couple of Civil War photos to post in the next few days just to see what others can do with them. Thanx again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Wink Color mechanic

great plug in for cast removal - very easy & fast! Color Mechanic
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help