RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Blown out water

Old 05-23-2004, 01:14 PM

look's good T

fine.... she stands out but not like she was added....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2004, 05:39 PM

T- I think you have won the prize. Thank you. I have copied your steps and shall try again tomorrow.
Rondon-I think the problem with the avatar is that it's animated, sort of. Don't worry about it. Thanks
kiska
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2004, 05:47 PM

hey kiska...

if you are on right now I have loaded your avatar..

at the end of the process there is a little confusion... if I click "save changes" it gives an error message... un needed I gather to "save changes"
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM

Hi everybody,

As Danny (thank you!) already said, I'm in the process of moving .... I'll try to login as regularly as possible but it might not always be possible...

Kiska

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiska
.....does not Flora realize she is not ALLOWED to venture from her 'puter?....

My 'puter' is the very first thing I got running .... and where I turn to to get a break from storing, cleaning...etc.

I had a go at your picture and what I did is very similar to what T Paul did:
  • Loosely selected the girl and foreground stone and Ctrl+J pasted the slection onto its own Layer.
  • *Ctrl+click on the newly created Layer to reselect it*, Ctrl+Shift+U to desaturate it, Ctrl+I to invert it and changed the Blending to Soft Light. This, to balance Shadow/Lights.
  • Run the Levels to increase tone and contrast a bit.
Back to the main Image.... Left it pretty much as it was (out of focus and soft) ... The only changes here were:
  • Created a Curves Adjustment Layer and used the White Eyedropper exactly as T Paul did .... just be careful to lower the White Eyedropper value (In the open Curves dialog, double click on the White Eyedropper and in the Color Picker box, change the B value of HSB to 95) ... this takes care of the 'blown out' whites...
  • Created a new empty Layer (Blending=Overlay) and with a very soft, black brush (Opacity 10%) just painted on different areas to make the background come just a bit more alive...
  • Cloned 'good' water on the blown out stream.

Back to the girl:
  • Reselected the girl **, Created a Layer mask, used the USM to slightly sharpen her, and, finally, refined the Mask around her.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Waterfall-Original-cop.jpg (99.0 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2004, 07:57 PM

Just love dogs!!!

I think Hannah is very nice.... but Rondon's "new ankle biter" is just too cute for words....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-23-2004, 09:45 PM

amazing

Flora and T paul you are amazing... all that from that low res. little copy... good work...
as for the ankle biter (she has no name yet) i've never really had a pup that was this smart.. and actually try's to talk already.. if thats an asset
hope the move went well.. Flora ... didn't know of it... seems like we lost DJ in a move ... glad to see you are right back at it.

RonDon

Kiska just leaving the dog avatar until your next comment... no problem if you decide not to use it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2004, 03:19 AM

FLORA-you're baaaaack! I think you might have become a bit of a 'habit' (a good one, tho).Need that 'fix' every now and then. The pic looks great. I'll work on it today. Thanks. Now you can get back to the FUN, important things like sorting out a move.

kiska

My version of your technique. Photog wanted it 'glamourized'. NOT my thing but I did enhance makeup lightly.

P.S.--- Ms. Flora-- "...very nice....". VERY NICE !!!! Is that the best description of a superb specimen of a coonhound you could come up with??? That OTHER canine wannabe, ankle biter, is a mere mutt! I am insulted.

Signed,

Hannah B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glamour.jpg (99.8 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by kiska; 05-24-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-24-2004, 03:35 AM

Mr. rondon-- HOW am I to remain a dignified scent hound with my stately appendage FLAPPING in the breeze????? I suppose if it makes the OLD BROAD happy, I shall look the other way. (and I thought I had successfully sabotaged it. @#$%%$$## BEWARE of smart dawgs)

signed,

Hannah B.

Just noticed Your tail is wagging but HERS isn't (heh,heh). The O.B. is now curled up in the corner with her lip stuck out. PEOPLE!

signed

H.B.

Last edited by kiska; 05-24-2004 at 03:50 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2004, 02:25 PM

Hi!

Kiska, Rondon,

Thank you so much for your kindness!!!!

Kiska,

Great job on the picture .... a bit strong on the make-up, maybe...but that's just my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiska
P.S.--- Ms. Flora-- "...very nice....". VERY NICE !!!! Is that the best description of a superb specimen of a coonhound you could come up with??? That OTHER canine wannabe, ankle biter, is a mere mutt! I am insulted.
Sooooo sorry....... hope you and Hannah, a truly "superb specimen of a coonhound", can forgive me!!!!! She's gorgeous, perfect, absolutely stunning .... but .... "ankle biter" is still just too cute for words....
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2004, 02:48 PM

coon dogs are ok

I just never could train them right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coondog.jpg (24.6 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help