RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Just a hint?....please?

Old 06-10-2004, 01:35 PM

As I explained earlier, I'm no artist, but my grandson wanted to know how they made things happen in films like Shrek so I made this little animation:

http://www.mopdah.com/grow/

to show him roughly how it's done.

Go to that page, right click on the image and save it to your hard drive and then open it with Photoshop. You'll see the layers - I think there's about 18-20 layers (I got tired about then LOL) If you turn all the layers off and then start at the bottom and turn them on one by one, you can see how I made it appear "animated"

To make your eagle fly across the screen, you would start with a canvas the width of the screen and then draw the eagle a bit to the right in each layer. One of the examples I posted before appears to be flying in place, but by making the canvas wider and moving the image on each layer, the eagle could be made to look like it was flying across the screen.

Remember that I'm working in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Once you have the layers set up, go to File>Save for Web on the right hand side of the dialog box that comes up there are some settings, look for a checkbox that says "Animation" click on that, click on "Gif" and you should be good to go.

Practice with making a ball bounce, or an arrow before you tackle an eagle just so you understand how to make the layers.

It's the same principle as when you used to draw naughty pictures on the edges of your text book pages and flipped them at the cute girl that sat behind you in biology class in high school - don't try to tell me that wasn't you.....

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2004, 10:08 PM

ok! Got gold... sort of

You mentioned file size on the animation didn't matter much because most members had Road runner for an ISP... ok well the full sized of this is 180kb too large to post here.

I had posted it on yahoo/geocities but it must have been too wide.... 800pixels ... it was corrupted there. oh well! ... if you want it I'll send it.

the one I posted here is 60% and is 98kb.

now don't feel I expect you to use my work... as I said before few chances come along to play with animations ...
I hope you like it though.
RonDon
Attached Images
File Type: gif eagleani-.60.gif (98.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by rondon; 06-11-2004 at 09:02 AM. Reason: removed link
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 03:01 PM

Pondon, Jeanie & Margaret

I am truly amazed. I just had a meeting with 6 of my fellow officers from 565 and it's the first time that I have ever seen them speechless. I hadn't downloaded the file...just went to the post and , as I said, they were awe-stuck. You're right about any proficiency with layers (yet...but I'm working on it). The links and info provided by Jeanie and Margaret are awesome and I am enjoying "playing" with the whole thing. Thank you, ladies.

On July 4th (this year) I will be running a 50/50 raffle at the Eagles for my favorite group, RetouchPRO. I can do this because the event is my Wedding! I will send the proceeds on the 12th (as soon as we are back from Montreal).

Thank you ALL, each and every one of you for the time that you have given and the knowledge which you have shared. I sincerely hope that I am able to do the same in the not too distant future.

Wayne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 03:10 PM

wow... Nice of you

I think everyone here likes to have a hand in donations to this site.... raffle sounds great..

Now I've been busy with some other site ideas.. these are just things you might use to brighten up the ole web page..

I will soon have them on a web page for you to view... and chances are I will continue playing with it if you don't mind... sort of a ghost site.

so come back soon and I should have a link to it.
RonDon
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 03:19 PM

Rondon

Would I mind?! Sure, like I mind winning the Powerball Lottery. Thanks for your time and trouble. One last question (for the 4PM Friday session, that is). How can I save this as a .gif file? I want to stick it on a CD so other members can check it out. Thanks again.

Wayne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 03:28 PM

hi

well I save most photos I want out here just by right clicking on them... while open... the save dialog box should be trying to save it as a .gif file if you take a close look to be sure

It's up now but I am finishing up the buttons ... you can see the full sized ani as well as a background thought ... glad you are enjoying it..
RonDon

Last edited by rondon; 06-11-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 03:45 PM

here is the correct address http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/i/sidetrek/cascoeagles.htm

sorry bout that
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 04:06 PM

Rondon

I know that "WOW!" is hardly the word for this site but I can't believe you put that together so fast. Can the buttons be labeled (i.e., Officers, Contacts, Directions, Menu, Coming Events, Newsletter, etc.)? I have (I believe 25 or so pages available. I also have photos of the clubs exterior and the 9200 sq.ft interior to post. And, of course, how much woud the site, as you have it, cost to import? Please let me know. Have to run for an appointment but will return later. Thank you again (and again and again)

Wayne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 04:46 PM

Glad to do it

actually it wasn't all that fast a throw together..... but that's my problem I like to do it but seldom a reason. so I'm not fast... maybe half fast...

That raffle sounds good for RTP...that'll be pay enough

now I Might have an idea about something I would like .. maybe a link to my site... http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/i/sidetrek/

maybe something better could come of it ... the resulting members photos being posted on the Eagles Website.. with a share for a cause.. that sort of thing. just a thought though.
I was just getting ready to colorize a photo of Union Station. I also have a poor one of it coming down... I remember that alright.. sad day... sea gull rode it down... well part way ... I'll post that on a page for now as well.
I'll give all this a try... sounds interesting enough..nice to have a project send some of those photos if you like and I'll look them over. sidetrek@bellsouth.net
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Rondon,
You are amazing, what you did with the eagles is great work.
W. Rose
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help