RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Just a hint?....please?

Old 06-07-2004, 10:55 AM

Just a hint?....please?

Although this is far off the beaten path as far as the usual requests for help are concerned, I didn't know of a better qualified group of experts to ask. My local Eagles group in Portland, Maine is constructing a website. If possible, we would like to animate the Eagles logo so that when someone enters the site, the logo "flies" them to the next page (after that, they're on their own). Any suggestions as to animation software (or even if this is possible)? If anyone would like to see it, I have attached a picture of the logo.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2004, 12:09 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
You didn't mention if you are using Photoshop 7 (maybe 6?) or above. If so, I'm pretty sure this can be done in ImageReady. There are others here who can guide you through it better than I, since I've only played around with it very little. I'm thinking you would probably have to copy the wings to a new layer(s), then orient them in the proper position to mimic a bird flying. Hang in there. Help is on the way. Cool idea, by the way!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 10:28 AM

Ed ~ Thanks for the timely response. I am an officer of the Portland (ME) Eagles and have just "inherited" the webmaster's duties (along with being Treasurer of a 2500-member club). For years, Ive viewed myself as natures' cruellest creation...good ideas and not a clue of how to carry them out. Thanks to you guys, I may be on the way to a new life at 60+! Thanks again.

Wayne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 02:21 PM

Wayne, wasn't it Einstein who said that he didn't need to know everything, he just needed to knew who to ask? If it wasn't Einstein, whoever said it was smart IMHO and I've followed that philosophy for many years

I did a quick search for animated eagles using google and found these two pages. You may want to write to them and ask for permission - I didn't check the copyright, but maybe all you need is the idea.

http://us.bestgraph.com/gifs/aigles-1.html

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/eagles.htm

On the second page there is a brownish eagle in flight - I right clicked on it and saved it to a file and then opened it in Photoshop and it opened with all the layers that make up the animation. If you just copy it to the clipboard and then paste it into photoshop, you only get the currently displaying layer of the animation.

Most of the eagles are flying right to left, if you want them to go left to right you can just flip the whole thing horizontal once in Photoshop.

Making animations with Photoshop is pretty simple. I actually use Photoshop Elements so I don't have ImageReady that Ed spoke of, but I've used PSE and had decent results considering I have absolutely no artistic talent.

Course I'm assuming you have Photoshop and want to learn how to use it, but I could be wrong,

HTH, Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 02:38 PM

OR there's this Idea

I don't really get the eagle on the opening page guiding them into the site... would they click it ?

anyhow I found there are some nice eagle photos around... here's an idea I had for a button.... 3 stages .. normal ... then when clicked on.. and finally when you release the mouse button.

Portland Maine eh ? I lived there in the later 50's early 60's.. nice this time of year for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: gif EAGLE-BUTTON-idea.gif (69.0 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM

or maybe a Logo

This may be a fitting eagle for that area... I know it's summer... early summer .... but come winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg casco.jpg (61.5 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 04:05 PM

another button idea

if I had known I was going to play with this more I would have posted them all together... sorry
Attached Images
File Type: gif EAGLE-BUTTON-2.gif (78.0 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2004, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winwintoo
Wayne, wasn't it Einstein who said that he didn't need to know everything, he just needed to knew who to ask? If it wasn't Einstein, whoever said it was smart IMHO and I've followed that philosophy for many years
See what I mean??

Way to go Ron, That last one is nice!!

Margaret
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2004, 07:44 AM

Once again, you folks just overwhelm me with your responses. The logo, the animations and the links were marvelous. Ron, how did you do those great animation? I was so impressed that I had the Aerie President come to my house at 6:30 this morning to look at them....all he said was, "WOW!" Did you do these from scratch? How about the graphics? I do have PS7 and Image Ready (and PS Elements). Where do I start? A tutorial? I haven't been this excited since the 4-number hit on a lottery ticket! Again, thank you one and all!

Wayne
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2004, 09:22 AM

Hi Wayne

Did you do these from scratch? How about the graphics? I do have PS7 and Image Ready (and PS Elements). Where do I start?

Well all that info is here at RTP.... and I used PS7 and image ready to animated them.
The place for you to start might be with "layers" lots of info here on that subject in the tutorials.

I've just visited your site.... looks good...

have just "inherited" the webmaster's duties (along with being Treasurer of a 2500-member club).

I have some time if you'd like a hand.. on the graphics end. No problem If you really want to do it yourself.. I know the feeling.

I animated the top Logo... just shadows that moved... but the file is too large for use on a webpage. anyhow here is what it looked like flattened.

this file is the same size as your current logo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newtoplogoRTP.jpg (33.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by rondon; 06-09-2004 at 09:31 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help