Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Overexposed face

Old 08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Shoff,

Sorry I'm a bit late getting back to your question. Sure no problem. (I'm using Photoshop 7, if you're using other image editor you may have to modify some of this to suit your programme).

1. Create levels adjustment layer. (Layer-New Adjustment Layer-Levels), select RGB channel, adjust centre arrow to right to darken image. You are only interested here in darkening the faces to the level you wish. Click OK.

2. To add a total layer mask, click on the layer palette, then Alt Click on the layer mask symbol (2nd from left). This will give you a black mask to the right of the adjustment layer in your layer palette.

3. Click on the black layer mask to select it. Select the brush tool, and set foreground colour to white. Use a soft brush. Now paint around the womens faces. This will expose the adjustment layer in those areas. ie. it will darken the faces.

4. Create a new layer and set its blend mode to normal.

5. Select the brush tool. To sample colour that you wish to use to colour the faces, move the brush over a good area on the face, then Alt Click and it will set this colour as foreground. Now paint colour onto the blown out areas.

6. Fine adjustment of the effect can be achieved by varying the opacity of the colour layer.

7. Finally add grain to the faces by applying the grain filter (I used soft grain).

Hope this helps you.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help