RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

stripe merge/removal

Old 08-25-2004, 10:37 PM

Cinderella,

The first time I looked at your pic and downloaded, it was only 3K, size of a postage stamp. The whole pic was there but just really tiny. When I went back after the next person posted, it seemed to be fixed. Did you happen to post it a second time? If not, then maybe just a weird occurence on my part!

Karen
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2004, 10:43 PM

I only posted image once.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2004, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeatrice
Cinderella,

The first time I looked at your pic and downloaded, it was only 3K, size of a postage stamp. The whole pic was there but just really tiny. When I went back after the next person posted, it seemed to be fixed. Did you happen to post it a second time? If not, then maybe just a weird occurence on my part!

Karen

Sounds like you may have downloaded the thumbnail image vs. the full size image. Not sure why it happened.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2004, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaran
T.Paul - Your method is excellent good for getting an in-between shade of green but as it also generates a solid layer to which you painted back the shadows is not really much different to my first go with painting the solid colour and adding back the shadows.

Christine
Actually the Replace Color Command acts like the hue/saturation adjustment and changes the color values vs filling a selection with a solid color, so all your texture, highlights and shadows remain (they just change according to the new values). I used the burn tool to increase those shadows to help them stand out more since I made the shirt darker.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2004, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Paul
Sounds like you may have downloaded the thumbnail image vs. the full size image. Not sure why it happened.
Sounds like that's it. Just like when you're programming and find an error....you call someone over to see it and it won't happen again!

Nice tutorial by the way....

Karen
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2004, 04:11 PM

The tutorial looks good. Your final photo is very very nice. I printed it out so i can easily follow your steps and none of the photos printed out. I get a boxes on the page with a red x in it. Lots of empty space and wasted paper. i had clicked on the print option on the tutorial . What is going on????????? This has happened to me before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2004, 04:27 PM

Great tutorial T Paul, clear concise and with all the detail you would need to do the job yourself. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2004, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella
I printed it out so i can easily follow your steps and none of the photos printed out. I get a boxes on the page with a red x in it. Lots of empty space and wasted paper. i had clicked on the print option on the tutorial . What is going on????????? This has happened to me before.
Not sure. I just printed a test page and all came out fine. I believe there was a thread on this, but I haven't found it yet. What is your set-up?

PC/Mac
Window Version
Any firewall, pop-up blocker, antivirus programs
Browser
Finally do you have the most recent updates for your computer?

For example I am a PC, Windows XP, Zone Alarm Pro & Norton, IE6 and it printed fine.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2004, 04:31 PM

Thanks Gary! It's a bit trial and error and a lot of cloning to get the ends results that you want. There's probably an easier way, but it worked for me.

Last edited by T Paul; 08-27-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2004, 04:47 PM

One thing to try that I don't know if has been suggested before -- navigate to the tutorial page, then do (assuming you're using IE) File -> Save As -> Web archive, single file (*.mht) and save to your local machine. Then close down IE, navigate to the .mht file you just created and double-click on it to open it. Then try printing that.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help