RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Image Proofing Scripts

Old 09-02-2004, 09:07 AM

Image Proofing Scripts

Hey guys, i just signed up today to the forum and it sounds like i'll stick around and look through all your help and guides and stuff to help me on my photoshop quest
I had a .js script which i used for proofing images through the automate>batch feature in ps, but the laptop died, and so did the script with it
I was wondering does anyone have a script for doing it, or could whip one up quicker than i could fumble around photoshop...
what i was looking for was something like resizing an image, and putting the word 'proof' in red in the middle of the image at a 45 degree slant. thats what the old script did. I scoured google for several hours, to no avail about finding the script.

Hope you can help.
Ian.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2004, 10:13 AM

Hey, Wish...

Sorry to hear your laptop died and left you w/o files. It's a painful experience.

re: A replacement .js
I'm just learning .js myself. Although this be a fun one (for me) to hack at, there's no telling what the delivery time would be.

As an almost as good substitute, have you looked into
File > Automate > Picture Package?

It has options to specify custom text, font, color, size, opacity, location, etc. Although not rotated 45%, seems like this would almost get you to where you want to go fairly quickly.

This command could be captured in an action, then invoked via File > Automate > Batch to process a boatload of images.

Hope this helps...

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2004, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. the problem with the picture package, is that it puts 2 images on each page, which isnt what i want. any other info on it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2004, 10:13 AM

You can create custom picture package layouts if none of the ones installed with PS meet your needs...

Google photoshop customize picture package and you'll get lots of hits on how to do this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster31
what i was looking for was something like resizing an image......
What size do you need? Need to turn the "portraits" into "landscapes"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster31
..... and putting the word 'proof' in red in the middle of the image at a 45 degree slant.
If nothing else comes up, I'll take a crack at it this weekend.

Roland
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2004, 02:11 PM

well, before my laptop crashed, i had a script which was able to proof and resize images at the same time. it was a .js script, which i used in Automate>batch.
Now, i can't find the script on the web anymore, but i thought that it originally came from here in the first place. Anyway, now i have someone looking for the script really badly for his business, and i'm trying my best to get one, but with no luck

Hope someone can help!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2004, 03:57 PM

I was playing around with the picture packager and in CS it does support 45deg rotated text. So maybe it will do everything you need.

Jim
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2004, 04:29 PM

Javascript for Rotate, Resize and "PROOF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilte
I was playing around with the picture packager and in CS it does support 45deg rotated text. So maybe it will do everything you need.
Jim
OK, so maybe I'm late again... but anyway this works in PS 7.0.

I left the script set up to rotate portraits to horizontal, maxmum output size of 800 x 600 and to write "PROOF" in red. If you right-click on the ".js" file you can edit these options which are all at the beginning.

There's a little "personal" ad in the bottom right corner. If you like you can chop it out or edit in something more interesting there.

Hope this helps.

Roland
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rotate Resize and Proof.zip (1.2 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-13-2004, 09:20 AM

Thanks very much for the replies guys. I'll try that script soon when i get home. In the meantime, i managed to set something up using actions, and i exported the actions so i can save them for future use. If you want, i'll put up a copy of the actions here, so you guys can use them in future too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2004, 04:52 PM

right... well after creating my actions in photoshop, and having it all nice and working, i try to do a batch, and it randomly works and doesnt work. i can get it to resize all images, but not proof all of them. *whacks self with a baseball bat and shrugs*
i have officially given up and given in to buying breezebrowser to do the proofing lol
see the fruits of my proofing here.
Image 1
Image 2

and yes, i actually did take these pics.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help