Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Need help making a collage.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:50 AM
It worked well! 18x24 at 150 DPI is good

Well for all who are intrested, I finished my poster and is is very good. The people at London Drugs suggested a DPI of 150 which worked well. I made a 18x24" poster with about 60 shots on it. I would have shown it here, however, I can make it smaller with my Zoombrowser software but do not know how to get it to a folder after resizing it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2004, 01:17 PM
good! .. now you need another project

I can make it smaller with my Zoombrowser software but do not know how to get it to a folder after resizing it

Well in case you wanted to resize... Zoombrowser sounds more like a viewer..... if it's not part of photo deluxe open the photo in PD and look for a way to resize it there.

often tools can be found by clicking on words like file, edit, image, view to bring up hidden menus.

zooming in is only like using a magnifying glass... no changes have been made.

learning to resize photos is well worth the effort..

an important thing to remember is that when you save the new copy change the name of it a bit so that the original is not lost.

also by renaming it by adding a letter or such at the end ie: Dog Dog b ..... it will be located next to the original in the file for the browser to find.

I'm glad you poster came out good and I'm sure everyone would like a peek.

note there is a 100kb limit here... anything in the ballpark should look good 80-100kb... try a 4 x 6 at 72dpi
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2004, 09:33 AM
OK, here it is, one final note.

I've learned a bit doing this little project. First, the poster printer at L.D. has a limit of 150 DPI, so there is no point in sending them anything larger. You will note this is a motorsports poster, and I finally got it small enough to post here (I hope it works..first time doing this).
As long as I can do all I need with the home edition,I'll look no further. Also all photos were taken with a Canon A70, I believe in doing more with less...(one such uncroped shot went to 24x36 very nicely)...I plan to get the A95 next, going to 5 MP will give me a bit of 'breathing room' for my shots.
I have a concern that adobe will not be supporting 'home edition' soon, is there a way to store my program with it's updates on a CD? To those who haven't tried it, a collage can be a fun project, give it a shot!
Thanks rondon for your insights and help in the areas of resizing...very true we should become familiar with this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FND 6x9 poster.jpg (74.5 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help