RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Need help printing

Old 10-17-2004, 06:43 AM

Need help printing

This is just not coming out right. All the printer settings are right (glossy papper, Best photo mode, etc...)

Help

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shirlyafter.jpg (66.9 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2004, 11:12 AM

In what way is it not printing right. A few details would help. Is it possible for you to post a copy of the original, and a copy of a scan of your printed output to compare. ( I see your posted image, but it is not clear from your post if this is the original or the print ).
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2004, 11:38 AM

That image is one I have reconstructed. When I print them out , besides not being very sharp (may have to do with the original) it seems much darker then the one on the screen. The shadows look like a went over them with black marker, they are so dark. They also have shine to them like you used to much ink. I've done color work before and they come out very nice. Almost exactly like what I see on my screen. I tried raising the brightness and that worked a bit. But, I'm concerned about it not looking like what I see on my screen. Also notice that the photo is not completely black and white? But my prints are only B&W none of that nice duotone look.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2004, 03:52 AM

Because printers are "painting" with ink, and your screen is "painting" with light, your screen has a greater Gamut of shades than your printer, because of this it is quite common for slight differences between screen image and printed output. However, what you describe seems to be more than this. Possible sources of error could be faulty or old cartridge, partially clogged jets, or mis-alignment of printer head. most printers come with head cleaning, and aligning utilities, and it would be worthwhile to try these first. If this is not successful, try replacing print cartridge. Hope this helps, I will think more on this, and get back to you if anything else occurs to me. Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2004, 12:16 PM

What I finally did was lighten the whole picture and burn in the white dresses. Came out ok
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2004, 03:20 AM

Glad you found a solution to your problem.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help