11-25-2005, 08:47 AM
| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2005
Now, how about those of us who do not use Photoshop.
Any manipulations that work in Paint Shop Pro for keeping the file under 100k even after a lot of manipulation, filters etc nt it. That is where the problem comes in for me.
Originally Posted by Flora
Please, help us to help you!!!!
*** It's practically impossible to work on attached images which are only slightly bigger than postage-stamps .... so, please, read the following very carefully
(*)The attachments' size limit for RP Threads or Posts is 100KB
for the gallery).
As a thumb rule, the biggest size and best quality, I think, can be achieved still remaining in the 100KB limit, is JPG
format, 800x600 pixels
at about 60% quality setting ...
If you are working with Photoshop 7 or higher, one way of doing it is the 'File > Save for Web
- Open your Image in PS, go to Image > Image Size, make sure that the 'Constrain Proportion' box is checked, and, as a starting point, type 800 as the higher pixels value depending on the format of your picture. (Image 1)
- Go to the File > Save for Web option. (Image 2)
From the Options on the right side of the 'Save for Web' window choose:
- JPEG as Preset and check the Optimized Box. (Image 3)
- Click on the small arrow on the right of the 'Preset' window and, from the cascading Menu, choose 'Optimize to File Size'. (Image 4)
- Type 100 in the 'Desired File Size' Box ... (Image 5) ... and let Photoshop do the work for you!
If necessary, tweak the 800X600 size or, if nothing works, the problem-area can be cropped to fit the size ....
Hope this helps...