Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Diffuse Glow - BUG?!

Old 10-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Diffuse Glow - BUG?!

Help me!! Ugh.

I'm trying to apply a diffuse glow, but the resulting effect comes out all grey/blue. I've tried the effect on multiple different image types (jpg, nef, etc.) and the results are always the same. I know what diffuse glow is supposed to look like.. and this ain't it!!

I was editing on a different windows machine and I applied the diffuse glow. It worked fine. 10 minutes later, I tried to apply the filter again to the same image (started over), and again it gave me the ugly gray/blue look. GROSS!

I'm posting the before and after pics. Hopefully someone out there can shed some light on this? I'm starting with only 1 layer (no edits) when I apply the effect... no selections.. no masks.. nothing.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Looks like it probably is a bug.

I got some advice on another forum suggesting to just reset the preferences (hold down shift/control/alt while loading photoshop).

It worked. Everything is back as it should be now.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi DreamWeb,

Welcome to RP!

I'm glad you solved your problem already ..

What happened to you, isn't necessarily a bug...the colour used by the Diffuse Glow filter, is, by default, the 'Background Color' wich, in Photoshop, is, by default, white ....

If, while working, you change the Background colour to (for example) Cyan, and afterwards you use the Diffuse Glow Filter, the 'diffused' colour will be Cyan (see attachment)....

So, if this happens to you again, before resetting the Preferences, which affects everything, brushes, presets or whatever changes you have made to workspace, palettes etc., simply reset your Foreground/Backgorund colours by pressing the key "D" on your keyboard.

Hope this helps....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DGlow.jpg (69.5 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help