Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Price Quote Needed

Old 11-05-2004, 02:11 PM
CD? She wants two 8x10

CD with work is included if the order is over 60 bucks
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I'd just like to make a couple of comments after reading this thread. The fact that "sample" appears on the image does make it appear to be a proof, therefore copyright issues were not out of the question. And copyright protection should be honored in this business. This is not to say that you did not put "sample" there yourself, and it does not infer that it has a copyright (although it would seem suspicious if it didn't).

As per the question of why so many people have looked at this thread, but didn't offer an answer could have different reasons as to why they did not. Some people simply read the threads, and many are not members of RP, so do not have the option of replying without becoming a member, which might not be their cup of tea. Others, like myself, do not do this work for profit, and couldn't offer a good answer even if we lived next door to you.

Now on to the pricing question itself. It has already been stated that different locales would likely have different going prices, and that is good advice. If you have a business, you should have a business plan that would include pricing practices.

You mentioned the wear and tear on your eyes. It's this simple. If you want to do the work, do it at a price you can live with. If your eyes are more important than what she wants to pay, simply refuse the job. If you are interested in what others in your area are charging for such a job, do your homework. It's not that hard. Overhead comes into play, and everything should be counted including ink, paper, other supplies, mileage (if appropriate), any insurance, and all other costs of doing business.

I don't want this to sound like a shot against you, but more as a help understanding why you're not getting more feedback, and why the copyright issue was brought up.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I think the point here is how much you think your time & effort is worth? If you think it is worth $100.00 then why charge less for doing the work? You have to charge what you think YOUR time & expertise is worth. If someone doesn't want to spend a lot, it can't be that important to them to bother to get the work done. I had a photo colourized recently by Vikki from this forum. I had seen the quality of her work, & what she quoted me was what she thought her time & effort warranted to carry out the work required. I REALLY wanted her to work on the photo i sent her, & believe me i would have paid a lot more than she quoted for her to complete the work. I wouldn't have expected her to carry out the work for any less than she quoted just because i "didn't want to spend alot", that would be offensive. At the end of the day, "you pay the money, & make your choice".
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help