Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Inlaws picture..

Old 12-14-2004, 09:25 AM
David, I was wondering about that myself. Could I make a recommendation that you take a look at Mayang's Free Textures. I played a bit with one of his wood textures by dragging it into the selected railing, adjusted the bevel and emboss settings, then adjusted the Blend If sliders to let some of your effort show thru.
Just an idea.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg D-final post.jpg (95.9 KB, 17 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
David, if you look at Duv's attempt, you will see the grain on the cross piece is horizontal as it should be, on yours its vertical, and not along the length of the frame as it should be. However, I think it looks better without the grain. This is of course just a personal opinion. Duv, thanks for the info for texture source, I'll be giving that a visit.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
ok, here is what I was able to do.. Toned the grain way down, corrected it so the cross bar looks correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg restore 001a.jpg (62.2 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi everybody,

You did a really good job in restoring this picture... .... but I agree with Gary about the wooden framework ...

In my opinion, indipendently of the texture, the framework results 'too' well defined and sharp in comparison with the rest of the picture making it really "look like the lady was pasted on the background" .... Blending the contour of her dress with the background/framework might help a bit....
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help