RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

guaze/mesh clothing

Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 PM

guaze/mesh clothing

Hi,

Im new to here...but not to PS or this kinda thing, i have a problem image and need some help!

Ok unfortunatly I can not share this picture or parts of...but I will do must best to describe the problem.

Photo is of a person with a delicatly fine tattoo, they are however wearing a gauze/mesh top (very fine and you can see a fair ammount of detail through it) I was wondering if there was a way to help remove the main bulk of this meshing leaving only minor repairs to be made up.

I have tried a few things like noise filters etc and even FFT/IFFT but neither do very well (or anything) to help.

So over to you guys....impress a newbie with your uberskill

heh
thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2005, 06:30 PM

Have you tried looking at the individual channels? Can you post a pic for us to look at?

Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2005, 06:31 PM

Unfortunately, without the seeing the image you have, we are going to be unable to assist you very much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 01:30 AM

Unfortunatly as I stated in the first post I can not share this particular picture

If you can not offer any hints or ideas i could try without seeing a fine mesh top, then I guess I will have to suffer alone and keeping trying

Thanks anyways guys.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 AM

Hi freakyclown,

Welcome to RP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyclown
Unfortunatly as I stated in the first post I can not share this particular picture
.... It is unfortunate because being such a particular problem it can't be dealt in a general way ....

Anyway, this could point you to a different start .... If the mesh has a different colour from what is underneath, you could try the technique described in this Tutorial to select it, after which you could blend it in by darkening? lightening? etc.

If your PS version is 7 or higher, you could try the 'Heal Brush' (blending>Replace) and carefully paint over the mesh with strokes of good 'parts' ....
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2005, 03:40 AM

Hi,

Thanks Flora for the lovely welcome, I woke up a bit late this morning but had a quick play around for a few minutes trying to do a colour replacement....it might be a way around most of the meshing...Agghh why do I have to be at work for the next few hours!!!

I shall check out that tutorial and keep looking for other ideas that might help me along too, if I find out some fancy nasa-esk magic app i'll be sure to let you know

Thanks again!

ps do you guys have a IRC channel?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help