anarmgl, I think people are slow to help because the image is BIG. It took 20 minutes to load the pic in the browser and the about another 30 to download. I have dialup. I took a screenshot of a portion of it and will get back to you. However, Fab Flo is on the case, not to worry.
Okay, I had a quick go at it.
1. Duplicate Image
2. Used Photoshop CS Shadow/Highlight filter to bring out the lost detail in the hands
3. Masked this layer and only use the blown out areas (add layer mask, fill mask with black so underlying layer shows through. Then paint with white at different opacities to bring back the detail in the blown out areas of the hands)
4. Flattened Image
5. Used the lasso tool to select the various areas that were lighter. Placed on new layer and set mode to Multiply. Adjust opacity. Kept doing this until I got the tones even.
6. Flatten layer. Use Healing brush to smooth out rough edges.
7. Added a bit of noise. To even our the smooth areas.
8. Levels Adjustment layer to tweak color
9. Selective color to give one more boost to the colors. (Experimented with the settings in the white, black and neutral tones)
10. Used a brush set to color, take the eye dropper and select the skin tone and paint in a bit more detail where the highlights got blown out
11. Dodge Tool to darken eyes
12. Just a tad of USM (Unsharp Mask to sharpen the details)
Last edited by T Paul; 02-04-2005 at 06:37 PM.
You're most welcome! I'm sure others will give it a try and post their techniques. I believe the key to this one is working with small selections to fill in the areas that have no detail, bit by bit.
.... thanks ....
...here is what I managed to do with your picture...It's very late where I live and I'm very tired, but if you are interested, I'll write a detailed explanation tomorrow....
Last edited by Flora; 02-05-2005 at 02:43 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Glamour retouch challenge here!!!!||superkoax||Photo Retouching||332||02-08-2011 08:52 PM|
|picture||piglet91||Image Help||1||07-13-2007 06:40 PM|
|RetouchPro Picture Archive||Cameraken||Website Feedback||1||10-16-2006 03:09 AM|
|How to take a good picture of a picture to be restored||dipech||Image Help||5||07-10-2003 11:35 AM|
|Picture Rising into another picture???||kscoxie||Photo Restoration||2||05-02-2002 12:30 AM|