Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image Help Got a problem image? Don't know where to begin? Upload images and ask our users what they think or if they can help

Old 02-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks! Wow, that looks great! I was going to use color but I'll probably do that later. I'm trying to learn the tools down pat.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Here is another version. Denoised and then added some back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gramsweb.jpg (70.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Gramscolorized.jpg (61.4 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by cspringer; 02-08-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi Lisa,
Here is my attempt
ran image through neat image
fixed eyes
adjust contrast
added some noise back
Hope you like it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grams_retouch.jpg (92.0 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to RP!

I'm sure you noticed this already, I moved your post to its own Thread to make sure it would receive the necessary attention!!

You have had a lot of excellent responses to your request!!!

What a beautiful woman!!! Your Grandmother reminds me of a young Elisabeth Taylor!!!!!

I know your deadline was yesterday but I had a go at your picture anyway .... (just couldn't resist!!! )

Here is what I did:
  • Cropped the picture
  • Duplicated the background and run byRo JPEG Cleaner, blurring the High Pass step as not to have too hard edges. (the action can be downloaded here from our new Resources Section).
  • Used Hue&Saturation tweaking Reds and Yellows only, to remove the yellowish spots.
  • Merged visible (the action for merging 'visible' without losing the underlying 'steps' can be downloaded here.)
  • Created a Shadows Mask, copied to its own Layer and run the Curves on it to adjust tone and contrast. (the action for creating a Shadow Maks can be downloaded here.)
  • Created a luminosity Mask, copied to its own Layer and run Neat Image on it to further reduce the noise.. (the action for creating a Luminosity Maks can be downloaded here. Neat Image (can be downloaded free here ).
  • Merged visible.
  • Created 'my' usual variety of empty Layers ( Blendings: Lighten, Darken, Overlay, Multiply, Soft Light and Normal), and with a soft white/black or sampled colour brush (Opacity 10-30%), I carefully painted over the details I wanted to correct and enhance.
  • Used the Blur Tool (Opacity 20-40%) to selectively blur parts of the picture.
  • Starting from colour sampled from the picture, I used Hue&Sat for colouring the image lightly.
  • Used USM to enhance Contrast and to lightly sharpen the image.
  • Finally, created a very soft vignette to darken edges and corners, to make the girl 'pop' out more. (the action for darkening Edges and Corners can be downloaded here).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F_Grams_1a.jpg (98.7 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Image Help