RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Where do you print large quantities?

Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 PM

Where do you print large quantities?

Hey all, Merry Christmas!

Looking for some current info, just returned from a trip to CO and got some great pictures with our 20D however now i need to get alot of photos printed, around 100 to start. Where do you print your digital photos when you have more than you want to print individually at home?

We are in the CA area if anyone has any experience in that area, that would be especially helpful!

Thanks in advance! Hopefully this will be a useful thread for others around the holidays as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2005, 12:40 AM

I have recommended this outfit on another thread but it's worth repeating here. Whitehouse Curtom Colour does the best work of any online service I have tried and is just as good as many local professional labs.

whcc.com

Using their "Thrifty Proofing" option 4x5 is $0.24 each and 5x7 is $0.35.

You upload the files to them using FTP and your prints are usually delivered within 72 hours, no fees for shipping.

Cheers,
Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2005, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumesan
I have recommended this outfit on another thread but it's worth repeating here. Whitehouse Curtom Colour does the best work of any online service I have tried and is just as good as many local professional labs.

whcc.com

Using their "Thrifty Proofing" option 4x5 is $0.24 each and 5x7 is $0.35.

You upload the files to them using FTP and your prints are usually delivered within 72 hours, no fees for shipping.

Cheers,
Mike
I've heard good things about WHCC. Thanks for the info, Mike.

I've had good luck with www.Mpix.com. Great service and products. Although they charge for shipping (about $5/order), their upload method is pretty straight forward (no FTP required).

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2005, 11:43 PM

another option...

I have been hearing good things about winkflash for months now, and finally tried them. The prints are surprisingly good for how cheap they were. Both black and white, toned, and color look good. Options for glossy/matte and borders/no borders free. Shipping a flat 99 cents (unless it's posters or something BIG) There are coupon codes available for 50 free 4x6 for 1st time user too (just google Winkflash coupon). 12 cents reg price for 4x6, 5x7 is 29 cents. Plus you can album your photos online and others can DL and/or order prints too. It almost sounds like I work there....but i have just ordered and received speedy and accurate service, so I am willing to spread the word. I have heard excellent things about Mpix also, and Whcc...and may try them in the future for larger prints, but for my snapshots and family portraits, etc...it is hard to beat the price from Winkflash.

-Kate
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-23-2005, 03:07 AM

http://www.winkflash.com/ looks like a site to try. Thanks, Kate.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-23-2005, 06:00 AM

I'll chime in with my vote for mpix.com... They're the consumer version of Miller's Professional Imaging, a lab long used by professional photographers all over the US. I've been using them (mpix) for several years, and have never had a problem with them. Their prices are good, prints are terrific, and when I use their next day mail service (as I usually do), orders I upload by 1pm, my prints are shipped out that same day--and I have them by the next day or the day after. (LOVE that instant gratification! ;-))

They are also very easy to deal with, if you're not happy with your prints--just return them--and they'll reprint...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow