Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Scanner purchase questions again

Old 03-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Scanner purchase questions again

I have gotten my way down to the Nikon Coolscan V ED for the slide scanner but figure I will have to get a regular flatbed scanner for normal photos as well. I see nothing that I can tell as good or bad on Amazon. Does anyone have any suggestions in that area? I'm still using a G55 HP officejet all in one from 01. Great printer though. I'll probably have to move up at some point though.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I think you'll find a lot of scanners to fit your needs. One thing I'd suggest is that if you buy a scanner that is not considered expensive, make a list of those you are considering. Then check to see if a third party software is available (the scanner supported), like Vuescan , which you can download an evaluation version free of charge. Third party scanning software can make the scanner perform *much* better than the software supplied with the scanner. I'm not sure about other software, but if you buy the pro version of Vuescan, you get unlimited upgrades free of charge. This means you can buy another new scanner at a later date, be familiar with the software, and how to get the best of of the hardware. I was amazed to see how much difference software can make. Good luck.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow