Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

scanning paintings for kid's book

Old 07-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Question scanning paintings for kid's book

I'm working on a kid's story book (with pictures). I'm designing the book, doing the finishes etc. I got the painting from the painter, and want to scan them professionally and impressive, but the problem is that the paintings are painted with a watercolor on a special paper of painters (like cardboard with texture). I don't want the texture of the cardboard to occur on the printed book. I'm want to to get the tpainings originals colors, but not too sharp pictures and avoid the paper's texture. Is it a work to do with a scan software (I do with silver fast on epson scanner), or to do with photoshop. I want tips & advices for good scanning an finishes with photoshop, for this goal of kid's story & picture book.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2006, 05:21 AM
Mostly it is better to make photographic reproductions of paintings (under controlled conditions esp lighting) rather that scans if you have the choice. Can you post a scanned sample of the artwork? Sometimes with these things texture is not the only issue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 AM
thank you. here's an example:

Thank you. Here's 2 example. I want very much detailed information about this project. I have not a digital camera, and I have not an access to a good enough one. I'm not an enough pro photographer. I hope to get a good solution and a turnaround solution.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (35.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (54.6 KB, 23 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow