Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Wacom - can we use it in restoration/retouching

Old 09-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Run....... save yourselves ........ get the tablet ! Mine was a birthday gift from my son in law, he can do no wrong now.....

One very important thing I've noticed is that I no longer have carpal tunnel symptoms....... hour after hour of the repetitive side to side action using a mouse and I wouldn't be able to use my wrist the next day.....

Also, when I got my tablet, I had to spend the first day MAKING myself use it because it wasn't what I was used to..... I almost wanted to take the thing back but these were the only 2 things I had to overcome:

1. Getting used to clicking the little elongated button under my index finger instead of the mouse button......

2. Realizing I wouldn't run out of mouse pad...... you know...... with a mouse, you go so far..... fall off the pad..... pick it up and set it back down where you have room to continue working...... with a tablet, you never run out of pad....

After that one day I spent.... I was hooked and now I use the pen for everything........ I know that with the Wacom you can buy replacement nibs for the pen (they'll wear down and it'll start to feel gritty when you're working... they're about $5.00 US for 10)......

Somebody else jump in here and tell me if this is right.... I think I read that you can't replace the nibs on the Intuos????? I don't have any experience with Intuos so I don't know if that's right......

Oops...... I just read an above post mentioning the nibs that come with the Intuos ..... so...... guess that takes care of the nib question.....
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow