RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

Printing Question

Old 09-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Printing Question

Hello, I want to drag three photos onto a new background, and print the three photos on one 8.5 x 11 sheet. What is the best way to do this. I did this with some scans, but when I drag the photo to the new background, its as big as the new background which is set for 8.5 x 11. I know I have to just change some settings, but I dont know where, or how? Pleas help. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Patron

When you drag your photo onto the new background, just hit Ctrl+T then hold down the shift key and drag any corner to size down the image you just pasted in and position it where you want to with the move tool..
IF you have PS CS2 and you think that you may need to resize one or more of the images after you import all 3 onto the new background, then it may be wiser to use Smart Objects rather than pasting the images onto the new bkgnd. To use SOs, with your new bkgnd open, do a File>PLace and select the original file. This will paste it into your new bkgnd as a Smart Object. The resizing handles will be active by default. There will be no visible degradation no matter how many times you resize the images because the Smart Object always references the original image.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:38 AM

HI ...

first set your photos to 300 dpi and you can also set the width and height of the photos ( 4x6 at 300 dpi)... then open the new file make the dimesnions 8.5"x 11 " at 300 dpi, and just copy past the photos on to the new file with the background....

basicaly you had a problem with different resolution beetween your photos and the background file...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 AM

Hey, Thank you Murray for the fast reply. I will do one or the other. Thanks again
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Patron

As I.Ilievski points out, you can pre-size the images and make sure they are at the same resolution as the new bkgnd, prior to pasting them in. mHowever, if you think you will need to play around with the sizing of one or more of them, you should try the Smart Objects.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2006, 10:46 AM

i.ilievski-Thank you too, I didnt see your reply. I am sure that one of the ways will get me through this small problem. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow