RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Input/Output/Workflow Scanning, printing, color management, and discussing best practices for control and repeatability

new to forums need help Corel Painter only want to use one monitor

Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM

new to forums need help Corel Painter only want to use one monitor

Hi~ this is my first post. I do not know if I am in the correct location to ask this question. I am currently running a demo version of Painter. I have dual monitors, and sometimes do not turn both on. I am very new to Painter, and was just getting aquainted with it. I am limited in preferences since it is a free version. When I do different things, like shut down an image, the program will ask me a question, throwing it over to the second monitor. Sometimes I do not run the second monitor.

I want everything to stay on my primary monitor.

I can find no way to set this.

Corel won't help via email, because this came with my Wacom. If I purchase the full version will I have this same problem, or will I then have choices, because I will have more Edit- Preferences available?

Thanks if anyone can help,
Nancy
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM

Re: new to forums need help Corel Painter only want to use one monitor

I see that this is more complicated. I was told that I may need to update my video driver. I do not know if this is something I should try to do. Photoshop stays put in one place. My time bar at lower right is only on primary monitor. I CAN drag painter across both monitors. I am reluctant to do something to my Video driver ASUS V9950 Ultra V6.2. Everything is fine except for this Corel Painter Essential 2.

Nancee
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Janitor

It's a bit of a kluge, but on day you only want to work in one monitor, rightclick on your desktop and turn off Extend the Desktop for monitor #2.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2007, 11:23 AM

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I would bet that is perhaps for a Mac, as I do not get that option when Right clicking on desktop. Mine is in my control panel under settings, and I have the displays set up a certain way. Corel said they are controlled by Windows settings, where Photoshop sets its own controls within the program. I had this little free version with limitations, and it is almost not worth it. I am taking a painter class at a nearby college this fall, and was just trying to get an understanding of the program, since it is so different than PS2. They run Macs at the college, so I do not not if the full version they run has this hassle, or if I made the full purchase if I would be able to "fix" it for my needs. Thanks for responding. I am totally new to being on a forum.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Input/Output/Workflow